• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
24 24

4,846 posts in this topic

I just had to purchase a couple of books when I realized that I did not add any new Flash to my collection for over a year. Here's the first one.

DSC_0068862x1280_zpsc87f80d9.jpg

I like that cover!

And what a great grade. (thumbs u

Oh I agree! That's a comic I always wanted as a kid but never managed to score until I started recollecting as an adult.

:cool:

A solid VG was about 50-70, but you would have to wait until someone who cares about the character came along. (There were not many of us Boomerbutt fans.)

I was looking on the bay at the sold listings and there was such fluctuations it was hard to get a solid estimate. Thanks for that. Interested to see where the book is headed.

I would agree there was very little demand for the character previously, the only reason I somewhat had an interest was because of his scarce appearances on JLU.

Saw a shop that had a VG copy and they wanted $125 for it lol. I'm gonna guess someone will snatch that up within the next couple of weeks.

Have Flash prices been affected by the TV show yet? Any movement on key Rogues appearances that have already appeared on the show, or are upcoming? Weather Wizard, Grodd, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, etc?

I know that the early Flashes were hot when considered very scarce years ago, then cooled off ... Think the TV show will boost Flash back to a hot book? Or has it already begun?

Most of the classic Rogues' first appearances were expensive to begin with, so you wouldn't expect a lot of movement. Reverse Flash has obviously charmed our speculator friends out there, who can't let any Silver Age key sit below $1000 anymore, but it's a key-driven market. After the 139, no interest whatsoever in Reverse Flash that I can tell.

In truth, the only Rogue I've ever had trouble finding nice issues of is Grodd, namely 106-108, 127 and 172. I wonder if setting him up as Flash's archnemesis in the animated JLA cartoon caused those issues to dry up all those years ago?

Well, 2014 went by in a Flash.

Here is the run as it sits for me, 80% of these books were acquired last year. Goals for this year with the run are to upgrade a few books, cut down on the number of slabs I have(going to go for a almost all raw run) and of course fill in the holes.

32D3CA09-4B96-4BB4-8170-C706CEEAC5E7_zpshqfwixr5.jpg 9A8B6867-8406-4AD6-BCEC-62EC64E5D984_zpsol82y2kd.jpg