• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, OtherEric said:

Yes, and a low grade one at that.  Not really looking for the HC, although I’m open to getting it if the opportunity ever presents itself.

I always forget is the hard cover rarer or the soft cover. I know I must get one , but it's not incredibly high on my list.

On 6/22/2022 at 4:44 PM, oakman29 said:

I always forget is the hard cover rarer or the soft cover. I know I must get one , but it's not incredibly high on my list.

Hardcover was limited to 500 S&N copies.  The softcover was also mail order only so not super common either… The highest guess I’ve heard on the SC print run is around 5,000 copies.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, OtherEric said:

Hardcover was limited to 500 S&N copies.  The softcover was also mail order only so not super common either… The highest guess I’ve heard on the SC print run is around 5,000 copies.

And you can bet that 4000 are probably already destroyed. 

On 6/22/2022 at 8:03 PM, OtherEric said:

There is apparently a Spanish language version of the Hardcover. I say apparently because the only one I ever saw on eBay was listed as such. IIRC, the pics did show Spanish in the word balloons. I wonder if there were 500 S&N copies of that version also or a combined English/Spanish run of 500 total? (shrug)

On 6/22/2022 at 8:11 PM, Jayman said:

There is apparently a Spanish language version of the Hardcover. I say apparently because the only one I ever saw on eBay was listed as such. IIRC, the pics did show Spanish in the word balloons. I wonder if there were 500 S&N copies of that version also or a combined English/Spanish run of 500 total? (shrug)

I have a copy of the Spanish Vampirella HC Special.  But it's neither signed nor numbered, IIRC.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:38 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I have a copy of the Spanish Vampirella HC Special.  But it's neither signed nor numbered, IIRC.

I believe the HC comes (or is supposed to come) with a dust jacket. Does yours have one?

On 6/27/2022 at 3:40 PM, OtherEric said:

And it finally arrived.  I wanted to get, if not a super high grade copy, a better than average by my standards copy of this issue, given that it's such an iconic cover.  I think this one qualifies.

Also:  Warren Vampirella run, issues 1-112, Annual, Special, and the Harris #113:  DONE!

Vampirella_019.jpg

Nice work, OE!  It's a great run to nail down.  :applause:

On 6/27/2022 at 4:40 PM, OtherEric said:

And it finally arrived.  I wanted to get, if not a super high grade copy, a better than average by my standards copy of this issue, given that it's such an iconic cover.  I think this one qualifies.

Also:  Warren Vampirella run, issues 1-112, Annual, Special, and the Harris #113:  DONE!

Vampirella_019.jpg

Congrats! Always wondered why they recolored issues 2 & 3 on this cover. Ages ago I thought there might be cover variants and would search for them…

On 6/27/2022 at 4:39 PM, Jayman said:

Congrats! Always wondered why they recolored issues 2 & 3 on this cover. Ages ago I thought there might be cover variants and would search for them…

They thought it looked better for some reason?  They replaced the logo on all the small covers as well.

Here's your chance to own the iconic VAMPIRELLA #11 in the hard-to-find 1.8 grade for a mere $75--with free shipping!

image.thumb.png.d26f7ae9b90b963efeb31d68c8434645.png

I checked the census, and if you had this book slabbed, it would have the unique distinction of being the lowest-graded copy in census--by some 7 full grade increments!

DON'T MISS OUT!!!

On 6/29/2022 at 9:42 AM, Axe Elf said:

Here's your chance to own the iconic VAMPIRELLA #11 in the hard-to-find 1.8 grade for a mere $75--with free shipping!

image.thumb.png.d26f7ae9b90b963efeb31d68c8434645.png

I checked the census, and if you had this book slabbed, it would have the unique distinction of being the lowest-graded copy in census--by some 7 full grade increments!

DON'T MISS OUT!!!

I'm speechless.....😖

You see so many more Spirit Specials available than the Vampirella Specials (Both the softcover and the 500 limited edition hardcovers).

The Spirit Special supposedly only had a print run of 1500 with 10 graded copies out there. Highest are four 9.4 copies although I've seen many copies that if graded could be higher I guess... hm

The Vampirella Special softcover has 49 graded copies with zero 9.8s and four 9.6s but you hardly see them up for sale. If they had a print run of 5000, they must go right into collections never to leave.

Edited by sckao