• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2022 at 8:59 PM, Stevemmg said:

I agree, these are lovely examples!  Ill take a copy with bright whites like these any day of the week!  I think the Elf got his money’s worth out of just the first fifteen issues!

lol Pretty much...

And only about a hundred more like them to go...

On 4/11/2022 at 9:03 PM, flashlites said:

It was complete you said 1-113 right?

It is complete except for the 1972 Annual, so I'll probly hafta sink a few hundred into one of those that can match the overall quality of the collection someday.

#1 and #113 are more like VG copies.

There are a few others in the mix that aren't up to the very high standard of the collection in general, but there's not many, and they're still like 6.0-7.0 quality at worst.

I guess you'll see if you're following the Gallery.  :)

On 4/28/2022 at 9:47 PM, Escaflown41 said:

What do you guys think about this Frazetta signature?  Does it look legit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144526954381?hash=item21a67a4f8d:g:CTMAAOSw3QpiaaSa

Hard to tell. After his stroke, Frank’s sig got kind of funky. It would’ve been nice if the seller supplied some background info on when and where it was signed. As is, not enough info to interest me.

On 4/28/2022 at 6:47 PM, Escaflown41 said:

What do you guys think about this Frazetta signature?  Does it look legit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144526954381?hash=item21a67a4f8d:g:CTMAAOSw3QpiaaSa

I have never seen Frazetta's signature like that. 

On 4/28/2022 at 9:50 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Yeah, I don't like it either.  Pass.

The fact that there is no spire top above the ovals on the F is the biggest pause for concern. I've seen it without, but rarely with a thin pen like that. There are other things like the A at the end of the name that look nearly unmistakable, but just too many question marks overall.

Edited by Joshua33
Spell

On 4/28/2022 at 9:56 PM, Joshua33 said:

The fact that there is no spire top above the ovals on the F is the biggest pause for concern. I've seen it without, but rarely with a thin pen like that. There are other things like the A at the end of the name that look nearly unmistakable, but just too many question marks overall.

Maybe we can get Wombats input on it . It may be a  Frazetta signature, but it does look rather strange.

On 4/29/2022 at 1:32 AM, oakman29 said:
On 4/29/2022 at 12:56 AM, Joshua33 said:

Maybe we can get Wombats input on it . It may be a  Frazetta signature, but it does look rather strange.

I saw it when it was posted and alarm bells went off for me. Never saw one like that. I did send the seller a note and asked him what he knew about it. This was his response:

Thank you for expressing an interest in my listing. I appreciate your question. Honestly, I'm not sure where or when it was signed. I bought this prior to 2012. It looks authentic enough to me. I don't recall how much I paid for this. It was probably a hefty sum. I'm sure the seller didn't disclose the tape repair or the amateur coloring on the back cover.

Edit: I just sent it to the museum to get their thoughts on it. 

Edited by wombat

On 4/29/2022 at 9:36 AM, wombat said:

I saw it when it was posted and alarm bells went off for me. Never saw one like that. I did send the seller a note and asked him what he knew about it. This was his response:

Thank you for expressing an interest in my listing. I appreciate your question. Honestly, I'm not sure where or when it was signed. I bought this prior to 2012. It looks authentic enough to me. I don't recall how much I paid for this. It was probably a hefty sum. I'm sure the seller didn't disclose the tape repair or the amateur coloring on the back cover.

Nice work. 

On 4/29/2022 at 9:36 AM, wombat said:

Edit: I just sent it to the museum to get their thoughts on it. 

I would be greatly interested in their opinion.