• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2023 at 1:48 PM, OtherEric said:

I'm flabbergasted that 9.6 Green Label went for $6200.  I could understand the price with some green labels... an unverified signature, for instance... but for a copy with a clipped coupon?

Exactly what I was thinking.  I would have rather spent that money on a universal 9.4.  Guess some folks are all about the number on the top left corner.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:30 AM, batmiesta said:

I have to admit I have only just heard of  him, what an artist, these were just purely cover buys for me

Enric is one of the better classic Vampirella artist next to Jose Gonzalez.  I definitely recommend picking up the Art of Enric book if you want to see more of his work.  There are tons of his unpublished Vampirella artwork that you won’t be able to see anywhere else.

IMG_0848.webp

On 6/16/2023 at 10:48 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Got a sweet deal on this Vampirella 1  - was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box, the seller included this cool 'Vampirella' slab stand to go with it, just like in his sales picture!

vampirella 1.jpg

Very nice, Good Dr.!  If you haven't already joined, that's a ticket to a certain club (don't ask me why Vampi 3 is showing up in the preview, it's a mystery I can't solve).

On 7/21/2023 at 5:33 PM, wombat said:

The comic world has gone insane. This is one issue. 

image.png.c5d980e4322457586c24d4bc50e71cc6.png

That's the preliminary list, of course.  They'll add more.

Here's the cover gallery from the back of the recent Vampirella: Year One #1.  I can't swear there weren't more store exclusives that Dynamite didn't include in the back of the issue:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

This is why, even though I expanded my Warren collection to include the Harris and Dark Horse iterations of CREEPY, EERIE, PANTHA, and The ROOK (as well as the 3 Warrant Publishing clones), I drew the line on VAMPIRELLA at the end of the Warren run (well, including the Harris issue #113).

One would go absolutely insane trying to collect all the subsequent series and variants thereof.  It's more than a rabbit hole--it's a hell hole.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:33 PM, wombat said:

The comic world has gone insane. This is one issue. 

I love Vampirella but have absolutely zero interest in any of those...

Edited by Jayman

On 7/21/2023 at 6:07 PM, Jayman said:

I love Vampirella but have absolutely zero interest in any of those...

I actually really liked the Kevin Nowlan sketch covers, so I tracked those down cheaply.  But in general I agree it's way too many, and not that many appeal.

I'm enjoying Priest's story, though.