• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2022 at 4:26 PM, Surfing Alien said:

This one was hard to find in decent shape but finally snagged one. Nearly every copy I see is yellowed and/or rubbed with dirt on the cover. The tiny bindery tear bugs me because I can't get it to behave and sit flush with the spine but it's pretty nice otherwise. I don't usually get "excited" over comic art but I have to say it's a pretty tantalizing tail-lights cover :drool:

1907648156_Vampi34.thumb.jpg.1f6eb6fe34f4047c059b73c2c3a8b209.jpg

One of the best 'tail lights' covers in the run IMHO. :x Very nice copy there! My #34 does show a little dirt in the white areas, not nearly as nice as yours there. Thanks for sharing!

On 3/25/2022 at 4:03 PM, OtherEric said:

Today's book. It doesn't seem to currently have the reputation for scarcity that the #3 or #113 do, but it's not that common either:

Vampirella_Annual.jpg

I was just reading an interesting story about this cover. It seems that it was originally going to be the cover for Vampi #1, but they ultimately decided it wasn't good enough/the right one/whatever and that's when they went to Frazetta. 

On 3/25/2022 at 1:03 PM, OtherEric said:

Today's book. It doesn't seem to currently have the reputation for scarcity that the #3 or #113 do, but it's not that common either:

Vampirella_Annual.jpg

It's her actual origin story. So it is a very important key in Vampirella's saga.👍

On 3/25/2022 at 5:02 PM, oakman29 said:

It's her actual origin story. So it is a very important key in Vampirella's saga.👍

It is also, as near as I can tell, the quickest sell-out from Warren's back stock back in the day.  It disappears from the ads around the same time the #3 does... but came out between #13 and #14.

On 3/25/2022 at 5:08 PM, OtherEric said:

It is also, as near as I can tell, the quickest sell-out from Warren's back stock back in the day.  It disappears from the ads around the same time the #3 does... but came out between #13 and #14.

There are only 2 copies in VG going for 150.00-170.00 in all of Ebay

In a 9.4 and higher, you can actually make out her labia.

Coincidentally, I featured this very cover in a little fan video I've been working on for the song "Evil Angel" by the Demonics, using Vampirella covers to illustrate the song.  I just finished it tonight.

(Well, it's not all THAT coincidental, since I featured like 50 of them, but hey, it makes a nice segue.)

Anyway, if you like pop punk and Vampirella, click on the link.  (If you don't like pop punk, click on the link and turn the sound down.)  YouTube has a thing about using other people's music for your videos, so I can't embed it here--but I think it fits the topic of the thread (even if they're stock photos and not MY Vampirellas).

VAMPIRELLA - EVIL ANGEL

On 3/25/2022 at 9:05 PM, Axe Elf said:

In a 9.4 and higher, you can actually make out her labia.

Coincidentally, I featured this very cover in a little fan video I've been working on for the song "Evil Angel" by the Demonics, using Vampirella covers to illustrate the song.  I just finished it tonight.

(Well, it's not all THAT coincidental, since I featured like 50 of them, but hey, it makes a nice segue.)

Anyway, if you like pop punk and Vampirella, click on the link.  (If you don't like pop punk, click on the link and turn the sound down.)  YouTube has a thing about using other people's music for your videos, so I can't embed it here--but I think it fits the topic of the thread (even if they're stock photos and not MY Vampirellas).

VAMPIRELLA - EVIL ANGEL

Do you play in this band? Or is it a professional band.

On 3/25/2022 at 11:10 PM, oakman29 said:

Do you play in this band? Or is it a professional band.

lol I wish...

No, the Demonics have three or four albums out... This one, Ritual on the Beach, is probly their best.