• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, Darkga said:

I wonder if there exists a person who is a Vampirella fan but not an Enric fan? hm

Probably; I suspect a large number of Vampirella fans have never seen an issue of the Warren run.  I can't imagine any fans of the magazine not being an Enric fan, however.

On 2/2/2022 at 11:47 PM, OtherEric said:
On 2/2/2022 at 11:02 PM, Darkga said:

I wonder if there exists a person who is a Vampirella fan but not an Enric fan? hm

Probably; I suspect a large number of Vampirella fans have never seen an issue of the Warren run.  I can't imagine any fans of the magazine not being an Enric fan, however.

Now I would have thought the opposite and assume most Vampirella fans know know about the Warren run. 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:24 AM, wombat said:

Now I would have thought the opposite and assume most Vampirella fans know know about the Warren run. 

That will depend on when the Vampirella fans got brought into her comics.  I was first introduced to Vampirella back in the early 90's when the Vengeance run was being published by Harris.  You can thank Wizard for pumping the whole "bad girl" craze at the time.  Vengeance of Vampirella #4 was my first Vampi book and I collected her books regularly from that point on until the comic market crash.  Even though I also collected the Vampirella cards during that time, I totally ignored the Warren books.  I knew about the books, but somehow it just didn't appealed to me back then.  It wasn't until I decided to get back into Vampirella several years ago, that I started to pay attention to the Warren books.  Eventually I just took a leap of faith and started collecting them which I'm glad I did.  Jose / Enric's artwork just grew on me.  So in any case, if it wasn't the fact that I decided to give the Warren books a shot, I wouldn't be here posting in this thread today.  :bigsmile:  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a good chunk of Vampi fans that got brought in during the Harris and Dynamite era that don't care much for the Warren era.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:24 AM, wombat said:

@Escaflown41covered 95% of my reasons for saying that.  The only thing I would add is there are still collectors out there who don't think of magazines as "real" comics.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:59 AM, Escaflown41 said:

What issue numbers are you missing?  I'm in the process of setting up another round of Vampirella sale on the boards within the next week or two.

They're scattered throughout the run; oddly enough I'm missing most of the issues ending in "3".  I should upgrade my 13, and I'm missing 43, 53, 63, 83, 93, and 103.  (The only other issues I'm missing from 39-103 inclusive are 52 and 58.)

On 2/3/2022 at 6:10 PM, OtherEric said:

They're scattered throughout the run; oddly enough I'm missing most of the issues ending in "3".  I should upgrade my 13, and I'm missing 43, 53, 63, 83, 93, and 103.  (The only other issues I'm missing from 39-103 inclusive are 52 and 58.)

OK Weirdo. What do you have against numbers ending in 3?

On 2/3/2022 at 11:59 AM, Surfing Alien said:

I bought the Vengeance Bloodfoil back when it came out in the '90's but really never wanted to collect the modern Vampi's.

My collecting habits on Vampi other than the Warrens are very much down to either the creative team or, occasionally, a bonkers concept.  When I changed my LCS because the owner of my old one retired, I actually mentioned at the new one that having 3 Vampi titles on my pull list was very unusual for me... but I wanted the Linsner Roses for the Dead series, I wanted the Christopher Priest written series, and I wanted Vampirella/ Red Sonja/ Betty/ Veronica because it was way too bonkers NOT to pick up.  I also grabbed the Grant Morrison run back in the day, and will get neat covers now and then.

The level on talent on Vampirella over the years has really been pretty incredible.

Vampirella_01_2010.jpg

Red_Sonja_Betty_Veronica_11.jpg

vampirella_holiday_special.jpg

Die!namite_1c.jpg

Edited by OtherEric

On 2/3/2022 at 6:15 PM, OtherEric said:

The level on talent on Vampirella over the years has really been pretty incredible.

Agree. I'm just so removed from newer comics, they seem so flimsy and less substantive than my personal Golden Age ('60's - 80's :preach:) lmao. I haven't bought new comics in years. I appreciate the art but just have limited time and $ and would rather spend my Boomer $ on my ages.

I may be a poster child for why vintage sales are up while new titles are suffering (shrug)