• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2022 at 10:31 PM, Artifiction said:

I forgot to post this one. I posted it in the "This week in your Magazine collection" thread when I should have posted it, here. :blush:

Posting for posterity:

s-l1600 (12).jpg

Stunning copy! Interestingly , we both picked up this issue the same week. (great minds) Wanna trade? :roflmao:

On 2/5/2022 at 11:09 PM, Artifiction said:

Thanks, and you almost had me with "great minds", but I think I'm going to keep this one for awhile. :bigsmile:

Interesting stories on the inside of #65 but you have to pick up #66 to learn the the endings to all the stories. So it looks like I will be looking for that one next!

On 2/3/2022 at 7:43 PM, wombat said:

This is one of the favorites in my collection. 

I want the original art for that Alex Ross cover SOOOOO bad! It was available I think 5 years ago, but I was focusing buying comics instead of art (big mistake). I looked into buying it maybe a year or two ago and it was already sold of course. The new owner will probably never let it go (at least not for a price I'm able to pay).

Not sure if anyone watched this video, but one of the books that they are hyping this week is Vampirella 1 Gold Edition Reprint by Harris Comics.  Now I have been following Vampirella 1's and the reprints closely for quite some time.  When they mentioned that the gold edition had a recent sale of $2300 for a raw book, I knew immediately that something was off.  The gold edition has always trended between $100 - $150.  Sure enough, there was a recent $2300 sale on eBay, but you can't even view it which usually indicates a fraudulent auction.  I'm glad to see some publicity and hype with Vampirella 1 but I wish these guys did more of their homework before spreading misinformation.

On 2/13/2022 at 1:34 PM, Surfing Alien said:

One of the first ones I picked up when I started again because of that story. Re-reading it was like walking back in time to when I first read it, probably in the late 70's.

Boris/Wood combo cover!? Only Vampirella could do that! Gotta get one! :banana: