• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2022 at 9:12 PM, OtherEric said:

So, Vampirella #113.

When I started to put together my Warren Vampi run, I gave serious thought to whether or not I wanted to get the #113.  It's not actually by Warren.  It only has one new story, and that story isn't a Vampirella story.  It's not actually as rare as its reputation suggests, but it's still priced as if it was.  I had nearly convinced myself not to bother.

Then everybody I talked to in person about working on the run's first question was "Have you found a copy of #113 yet?"  It's clearly considered a key part of the Warren run, and I'm not one to go against the consensus on something like this, particularly if it means people would say I'm not actually done.  Although I'm going to draw the line if anybody insists I need both the hardcover and softcover versions of the special (not that I have either yet.)

Anyway, I set myself a low price point and grabbed a low grade copy when I spotted one.  Other than the obvious damage it's fairly nice as a a reading copy, and even if I overpaid for this specific copy it fell within my target range.  And now I can stop worrying about this overrated albatross of a book.

Vampirella_113.jpg

Albatross.......😂🤣😂

On 1/31/2022 at 9:12 PM, OtherEric said:

So, Vampirella #113.

When I started to put together my Warren Vampi run, I gave serious thought to whether or not I wanted to get the #113.  It's not actually by Warren.  It only has one new story, and that story isn't a Vampirella story.  It's not actually as rare as its reputation suggests, but it's still priced as if it was.  I had nearly convinced myself not to bother.

Then everybody I talked to in person about working on the run's first question was "Have you found a copy of #113 yet?"  It's clearly considered a key part of the Warren run, and I'm not one to go against the consensus on something like this, particularly if it means people would say I'm not actually done.  Although I'm going to draw the line if anybody insists I need both the hardcover and softcover versions of the special (not that I have either yet.)

Anyway, I set myself a low price point and grabbed a low grade copy when I spotted one.  Other than the obvious damage it's fairly nice as a a reading copy, and even if I overpaid for this specific copy it fell within my target range.  And now I can stop worrying about this overrated albatross of a book.

Vampirella_113.jpg

I dont have one either, but I do have a 1-112 run though.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:17 PM, oakman29 said:

I dont have one either, but I do have a 1-112 run though.

You're a better man than I.  But when multiple people's first question about my Vampi collection was "do you have #113" I figured it was worth the money to avoid debating the point.  Just not very much money, as the condition of my copy shows...

On 2/1/2022 at 12:12 AM, OtherEric said:

When I started to put together my Warren Vampi run, I gave serious thought to whether or not I wanted to get the #113. 

I feel 'somewhat' the same about the non Vampi covers (ie #25) and the all-reprint issues, I'll get them last unless I come across a great deal or they're in a lot. I'm not an OCD completist and would rather get the best covers and original stories in that order. They're not getting cheaper and I'm trying to collect other things (but it's tough to resist a nice Vampi!)

On 2/1/2022 at 12:12 AM, OtherEric said:

So, Vampirella #113.

Vampirella_113.jpg

Just some food for thought.  After you complete your 1-112 run, that 113 is going to look real tempting when you try to figure out what other Vampi books to get next.  It's probably a good thing you got it crossed off your list.  Also once you get the special softcover and annual, that hardcover is going to start gnawing at the back of your mind.  :devil:

On 2/1/2022 at 11:56 PM, OtherEric said:

Today's additions.  26 more issues to go; 30 if you include the Annual, the Special, and the Comix International issues with Vampi reprints.

Vampirella_101.jpg

Vampirella_106.jpg

Vampirella_107.jpg

What issue numbers are you missing?  I'm in the process of setting up another round of Vampirella sale on the boards within the next week or two.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:53 PM, OtherEric said:

Some of the non-Vampi covers are awesome, though.  Even if you don't include the Frazettas:

Vampirella_004.jpg

Vampirella_070.jpg

Vampirella_035.jpg

Vampirella_080.jpg

Agree 100%, which is why I have all of these except #70, but am planning to get it :foryou:  I should have clarified to include non Vampi covers that still have great GGA covers - those are on the front lines for acquisition as well. At some point i'll probably get them all (well maybe except that #113 lol) but just prioritizing those that I feel are must-haves for me.