• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

Here's an issue 30 (shameless plug) I'll be posting for sale soon.

scan0119.jpg

One of my all time fave Justice League comics , along with # 28 & #29 .

What a great 3 issue run. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

DC Silver at it's best IMO!! Well let's not forget Hawkman , Atom , that's for another thread!! grin.gif

My Heritage win from last night:

1762746-bravebold1.jpg

yay.gifyay.gif

I plan on cracking it when it arrives in a week or so. Except for 28, I think it's all downhill now for obtaining a complete B&B run.

1762746-bravebold1.jpg.2355ec0090d0ebba9592f175e0c2962b.jpg

Edited by seank

So that's #1. You know, I can't recall ever seeing that issue. Thanks for sharing.

Yer welcome.

nice pickup Seank. I posted my copy here about 6 weeks ago. guess memories are short after 4/20

Here is another early B&B. not sure if it has been posted or not.

bb6.jpg

So that's #1. You know, I can't recall ever seeing that issue. Thanks for sharing.

Yer welcome.

nice pickup Seank. I posted my copy here about 6 weeks ago. guess memories are short after 4/20

Here is another early B&B. not sure if it has been posted or not.

bb6.jpg

I remember your #1. Can't wait to land one of my own. Great #6, btw...another Silent Knight cover I'm missing.

An interesting tidbit for Mythbusters fans:

My Brave and Bold #1 arrived yesterday and as I sat on the couch admiring it:

1775037-bravebold1.jpg

I noticed that of the three vignettes on the cover, two of them happen to involve myths that were busted by Jamie and Adam.

First, the Viking Prince is sliding down a sail using his sword to slow his descent. Second, the Silent Knight is shattering his opponent's sword with his own. Both of these were "scientifically" disproven on Mythbusters.

Will it diminish my enjoyment of this book? Heck no. If anything, I think it adds to the goofy fun of Silver-age DCs.

1775037-bravebold1.jpg.8655ef2aa3006870158bfa5515500534.jpg

Edited by seank

1775037-bravebold1.jpg

I noticed that of the three vignettes on the cover, two of them happen to involve myths that were busted by Jamie and Adam.

First, the Viking Prince is sliding down a sail using his sword to slow his descent. Second, the Silent Knight is shattering his opponent's sword with his own. Both of these were "scientifically" disproven on Mythbusters.

Will it diminish my enjoyment of this book? Heck no. If anything, I think it adds to the goofy fun of Silver-age DCs.

How were they debunked? confused.gif

1775037-bravebold1.jpg

How were they debunked? confused.gif

For the sail one, they ultimately got sails and hitched one of their assistants to a safety rig and saw if he could safely ride a sail down.

The sword one involved making a sword-swinging rig and swinging it against another sword.

If you don't watch Mythbusters, you ought. Great fun which usually involves blowing something up at the end.

My latest addition to the Shining Knight cover collection:

BandB18.jpg

Man, Heritage had a lot of this stuff in their auction. Alas, I could only afford one and this greytone has been high on my wantlist for awhile...so, I chose this one. Anyone else win one of the B and B's?

Such a nice copy I bid on it last night, sure wish I would have known you were bidding I would have layed off. I had the highest bid on the Mystery in Space 58, showed that I won the internet auction then checked today to find out that I got out bid by appx 20 bucks on the floor bid frustrated.gif I really don't know if I will bid again on heritage.

I feel like a unwilling shill, and if know one feels like bidding higher then it defaults to me, big deal. Oh well,

A small lot of lower grade Brave and Bolds just arrived. This thread has been dead for a long time.

The Brave and the Bold 27. One that I didn't already have -- just one before the big one! Not a bad-looking copy with a giant, pink Creature from the Black Lagoon lookalike.

BB27.jpg

The Brave and the Bold 35. Second Silver Age Hawkman, first Matter Master (not mentioned on cover). I already have this one, if anyone is looking for a reader.

BB35.jpg

The Brave and the Bold 36. Third Silver Age Hawkman, first Shadow Thief. Another new one for me. Too bad about all the water stains.

BB36.jpg

The Brave and the Bold 38, a Suicide Squad reader up for grabs.

BB38.jpg

The Brave and the Bold 38, washtone Hawkman, also a duplicate reader.

BB44.jpg

Just eight more, including a replacement of a damaged copy, to complete the set above 26. Of course, this includes #28.

Jack

(thumbs u

Thanks.

As far as I can tell, not a single one of them was pressed, believe it or not!

(Not sure whether that tape reside counts as restoration though.)

I really like this era of Brave & Bold. Too bad they turned it into an all-Batman team-up book.

Jack