• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,579 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

This cover looks like a depiction of the recent Heritage Promise collection auction...:roflmao:

Except that the cover depiction was far more civilised.

28 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Scooped this up. I dig it. Robin looks like he's humping a girder while taking a blackjack to the noggin. 

Detective98.jpg

Did you not know that this book was cited by Wertham in SOTI? 

Exact quote:

"Unacceptable that this book is for children, with a clear portrayal of Robin shagging an iron girder"

:insane:

13 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

Scooped this up. I dig it. Robin looks like he's humping a girder while taking a blackjack to the noggin. 

Detective98.jpg

Because of you avatar image, I hear all your posts in Cheech Marin's voice.

neither a big westerns collector nor a baker devotee', but i grabbed an approved comics 6 ahwile back cuz i thought it was pretty, and decided to go after all 4 books.  here's the brand new one, followed by the rest of the group.

westernbandit1.jpg

On 6/22/2021 at 7:33 AM, Straw-Man said:

approved comics 6

Ah, that's a pretty neat Robin Hood book!  Careful not to confuse those Western Bandit Trails with the singular Approved Comics #9 "Western Bandit Trails". St John liked to play games with us title/run collectors.