• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2022 at 5:06 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Two of Snapshot's books - the Batman 15 and the Captain Midnight 33 - have an "NS" distributer mark.  I own a book with an "NS" mark; I wonder if they come from the same source?

Adv.55.JPG

the cookesville drug-store owner’s dyslexic son sometimes did the coding. 

On 8/20/2022 at 12:12 AM, Bart Allen said:

Sure is ^_^ Yeah, why? :3

My L Miller education is limited (as I am located in the USA), and I only collect certain Miller titles (which are VERY difficult to find over here).  I was trying to understand the reasoning for having that book graded and took a little time to look into YM.  Len decided to create his own superheroes after re-publishing Capt. Marvel/Shazam comics, and issue 25 is the beginning of "Young Marvelman".  -crickets-

Do you have #25?  Is #25 the first appearance of Young Marvelman?  hm

On 8/20/2022 at 7:27 PM, D84 said:

Canadian Edition

1635129143_DetectiveComics134(CanadianEdition).thumb.jpg.dfe925193daf1c7283f9d61452c6cfaa.jpg

Does it have the Penguin story? The Canadian editions sometimes moved stories around..I used to have a Canadian Batman 50 in which the Two Face story was missing, even though it was the cover feature.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:04 PM, Yorick said:

My L Miller education is limited (as I am located in the USA), and I only collect certain Miller titles (which are VERY difficult to find over here).  I was trying to understand the reasoning for having that book graded and took a little time to look into YM.  Len decided to create his own superheroes after re-publishing Capt. Marvel/Shazam comics, and issue 25 is the beginning of "Young Marvelman".  -crickets-

Do you have #25?  Is #25 the first appearance of Young Marvelman?  hm

Hey ^_^

I see I see, I hadn't realised :( Well yeah it's because there isn't any of the census and I've never seen #28 before (although it'll get a 0.5 blue label) ~ Awesome! Sadly I don't have that issue lol

On 8/21/2022 at 4:51 AM, Larryw7 said:

Does it have the Penguin story? The Canadian editions sometimes moved stories around..I used to have a Canadian Batman 50 in which the Two Face story was missing, even though it was the cover feature.

Yes, it has the Penguin story.

I didn't realize that they were thinner. This one is 36 pages, instead of 52. Luckily, there is Google to tell me that there was nothing missing.