• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,435 posts in this topic

This arrived in the mail yesterday:

SevenSeas3.jpg

Still looking for a 1, 4, and 5, but recent financial bad news will delay purchases in the near future.

nice, has a good baker interior story...

I found 1 and 2 and 5 to be super easy to find... 3, 4, and 6 I got all in one shot without much searching, so I cannot comment, but just from general sales, I think that holds true

Just acquired this patriotic Catman war cover... :cloud9:

2727798835_00777ba441_b.jpg

GE

Wow! You hardly ever see that one for sale. Congrats! (thumbs u

All of a sudden I seem to have hit a run of picking up pedigree books. First this Crippen, then some Bethlehems, which are on their way. Very happy because mostly I have been settling for lower-grade fillers.

Western-Adventures-Comics-n.jpg

Here is a real interesting WW2 era pickup. I won this on e-bay recently. This book was printed by the U.S. Gvmt in 1942 and distributed to members of the armed forces. The comic strip included within is shocking to say the least, especially considering this was published as a "serious" guide for troops heading to China.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Here is a real interesting WW2 era pickup. I won this on e-bay recently. This book was printed by the U.S. Gvmt in 1942 and distributed to members of the armed forces. The comic strip included within is shocking to say the least, especially considering this was published as a "serious" guide for troops heading to China.

IMG_0013.jpg

doh! I thought this was the Bush administration's travel guide for 2008 Olympic attendees!

Jack

:jokealert: just in case

There was a whole series of those. I have the one for China, and I think Japan, but the Japanese one didn't have illustrations or quite the overt prejudices.

Here's a scan I have stored of the two together.

63436.jpg.6e2ab8e1e4019d0ba2106e163913b9e8.jpg

There was a whole series of those. I have the one for China, and I think Japan, but the Japanese one didn't have illustrations or quite the overt prejudices.

Here's a scan I have stored of the two together.

I did not know that - I would love to get others in this series. Does your Pocket Guide to China have the comic strip? It is my understanding that two versions of this book were printed, one with and one wihtout the strip.

That's what I've heard as well, although I've never seen one without the strip. And I've seen a handful of them. So obviously, mine does have the strip.
I've never seen either in person :sorry: