• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

4046976139_5c4b5e3075.jpg

Got this one from RyanH. Happy with it but does have a few glue spots on that nick at the top.

(which he mentioned in the description, but how could I resist the wonderful robot cover :cloud9:)

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

4046976139_5c4b5e3075.jpg

Got this one from RyanH. Happy with it but does have a few glue spots on that nick at the top.

(which he mentioned in the description, but how could I resist the wonderful robot cover :cloud9:)

bb

Cool book! :applause:

Just got this in. I collect comics that deal with vd and std.

vd033.jpg

Was that an original owner book? I don't think you really want it if it's been around, you know?

Yeah, I probably wouldn't leave that on the coffee table when you bring a date back to your place after dinner and a movie.

vd033.jpg

Was that an original owner book? I don't think you really want it if it's been around, you know?

A little penicillin sprayed between the pages ought to fix things. But would that then be restoration?

vd033.jpg

A little penicillin sprayed between the pages ought to fix things. But would that then be restoration?

had to clean it up back in the 40's; he's actually going to 'crabiville.'

vd033.jpg

It could use some penicillin because it ihas some sploches on its backside.

vd2008.jpg

vd033.jpg

It could use some penicillin because it ihas some sploches on its backside.

vd2008.jpg

Be sure to double-bag that one. :eek:

Collecting Rule #34 - When hunting comics in the wild (not buying from dealers), if you find something, always remember to ask, "Do you have any more like this?" or "Do you have anything else?" Ask repeatedly, because you never know what will turn up.

Recently I bought a copy of the UK edition of E.C.'s Picture Stories From The Bible - The New Testament.. These were licensed from E.C. and published in 1954 in England in hardback form, on high quality white paper. This copy was dirt cheap, and like new, with a pristeen dust jacket.

I asked the seller if they had anything else. Why yes, they did have The Old Testament volume as well, in the same unread shape.

Anything else? "No, no, that's it," they answered.

Are you sure? Any other comics?

"Well, actually, now that you mention it..." They had a hardcover edition of the Classics Illustrated Joan of Arc. It was offered as an incentive to buy the two Bible volumes.

And they had the original flyer that promoted the offer. And the original letter from the publisher that came with the set.

Got the whole lot for less than the cost of a new DVD.

88359.jpg.688f1fc6e09873fa07ffa9d9f39dd0d2.jpg

88360.jpg.5c8daa8109a2c7137866b41a73814243.jpg

88361.jpg.886bfc43761c9c68cc9867790df258ee.jpg

88362.jpg.a24ea0a071c6d0b6f2ce70a26d395734.jpg