• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,414 posts in this topic

Went to the Philly Comic Con monthly show today with my buddy Todd, and managed to pick up three little funnybooks. Tried to land a bigger fish, but I must have been using the wrong bait, or the price was just too crazy

But I'm happy to come home with these :cloud9:

phillyccbatch.jpg

Nice pickups Bill!! You have been on a roll :)

Thanks David, and the rest of you wonderful geeks :) It has been a good couple weeks around here for GA

Another one arrived today

cap1920.jpg

Very nice Captain America. :applause:

Another couple to my Comic Cavalcade round bound collection:

cc56cgc.jpg

cc60cgc.jpg

very difficult books to look in the first place...but in fine or better, down right a rare sight!

Went to the Philly Comic Con monthly show today with my buddy Todd, and managed to pick up three little funnybooks. Tried to land a bigger fish, but I must have been using the wrong bait, or the price was just too crazy

phillyccbatch.jpg

Thanks David, and the rest of you wonderful geeks :) It has been a good couple weeks around here for GA

cap1920.jpg

Well, you may not own an Eames chair, but with books like that it looks to me like you're sittin' pretty! (thumbs u :applause:

Wondercon 2001 purchases:

DSCI0185.jpg

DSCI0191.jpg

DSCI0192.jpg

DSCI0189.jpg

DSCI0186.jpg

The girlfriend spotted the Miss Beverly Hills of Hollywood #1 and fell in love with it immediately. We looked at the others the dealer had and walked away with the two best. She now wants the rest of the run. That makes me happy after being married to someone who would never in a million years get near a comic con and who hated comics.

IIRC, the Wartime Romances were purchased by a woman in the 1950s and then sold to the dealer by her daughter after she passed away recently. About as close to OO as I think I could get.

DSCI0185.jpg

DSCI0191.jpg

DSCI0192.jpg

DSCI0189.jpg

DSCI0186.jpg

The girlfriend spotted the Miss Beverly Hills of Hollywood #1 and fell in love with it immediately. We looked at the others the dealer had and walked away with the two best. She now wants the rest of the run. That makes me happy after being married to someone who would never in a million years get near a comic con and who hated comics.

IIRC, the Wartime Romances were purchased by a woman in the 1950s and then sold to the dealer by her daughter after she passed away recently. About as close to OO as I think I could get.

Congrats on some great books Sean :)

And for making a convert of your wife :applause:

That Archie 78 just kills me - it's near the top of my Want List!

I purchased it from Robert Beerbohm - BLB Comics. He had about five of them in his Archie box. I'm sure he still has at least one or two left.

Thanks. And :gossip: the redhead is the girlfriend. The only converting the wife did was herself into a single lady about two years ago. I'm much happier now and I have a gf that likes comics. Woot!

Thanks. And :gossip: the redhead is the girlfriend. The only converting the wife did was herself into a single lady about two years ago. I'm much happier now and I have a gf that likes comics. Woot!

lol

doh!

phillyccbatch.jpg

cap1920.jpg

:o

(worship)

Nice, Bill!

cap1920.jpg

Love the Cap Bill.In fact I owned that very copy for quite some time,and also had the pleasure of cracking it out.Good to see it's still raw. (thumbs u

cap1920.jpg

Love the Cap Bill.In fact I owned that very copy for quite some time,and also had the pleasure of cracking it out.Good to see it's still raw. (thumbs u

Thanks Russ. It'll stay raw around these parts :)

Just picked this up...ridiculously scarce...

ComicCavalcade58.jpg

much like the 1950's funny pages and other funny animal books, they are generally considered "scarce"...

in my years, I have found the last 10 issues or so of CC to be available in lower grade, but really scarce above fine... 58 is a tough one for sure...I only owned the one copy that was in my runs years ago

much like the 1950's funny pages and other funny animal books, they are generally considered "scarce"...

in my years, I have found the last 10 issues or so of CC to be available in lower grade, but really scarce above fine... 58 is a tough one for sure...I only owned the one copy that was in my runs years ago

Other than the last issue (#63) I don't think they are as scarce as advertised in lower grade. It's hard to find copies that don't have tears at the staples due to the sheer size of them, so that's the source of the lack of high grades. You also run across these in coverless condition more often than most normal sized books from the era. They are some fun books though!

Comic%20Cavalcade%20C.JPG

ComicCavalcade58.jpg

Let's stop talking about your runs. This is a family-friendly board. :sumo:

ComicCavalcade58.jpg

Let's stop talking about your runs. This is a family-friendly board. :sumo:

:sorry: