• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Hi jinx #1Tough to find with nice spine due to the 130 pages

hi-Jinx.jpg

dang! that's a nice copy. looking at your collection is like seeing my collection's richer, classier cousin at a family reunion :grin:

I really enjoy seeing these off-beat giants :applause:

Grail acquired! It's been a long time coming. I've wanted a Superman #1 since I was a kid. Special thanks to ciorac for the encouragement. Thanks buddy!

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

Wow....there it is !! Thats so totally excellent Fury !! Congrats :applause:

Here is a NM copy of Four Color #88, really hard to come by in nice shape. It tok me awhile to find this one.

BugsFc88.jpg

I'm officially insanely jealous. I've been looking for a HG copy of this for years. It's one of the 4 or 5 early LT related books I desperately want. Congrats. (thumbs u

Grail acquired! It's been a long time coming. I've wanted a Superman #1 since I was a kid. Special thanks to ciorac for the encouragement. Thanks buddy!

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

Wow, that is a great book!

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

Wow, that is a great book!

Sweet!

Edited by Mutie Fan

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

I'm so thrilled for you Todd. It is a gorgeous book, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again, and again, and again...... :cloud9:

Oh, you will, Bill. This book will be around for a long while. :cloud9:

Thanks guys! I'm elated. Just got back from celebrating with my wife and a few friends and I'm still a little tipsy. Don't worry, I had a driver. My wife even said to me "Good job" when she saw it. She's never said that about any comic before. <3

Here is a NM copy of Four Color #88, really hard to come by in nice shape. It tok me awhile to find this one.

BugsFc88.jpg

I'm officially insanely jealous. I've been looking for a HG copy of this for years. It's one of the 4 or 5 early LT related books I desperately want. Congrats. (thumbs u

Great copy!

I was just reading in a book that Win Smith, who worked on the first Mickey Mouse dailies, supposedly did the first Bugs Bunny comic book story. Does anyone know if this is the story that appeared in Looney Tunes 1?

---

RedFury: congratulations on securing your grail! Do you know which printing this is?

RedFury: congratulations on securing your grail! Do you know which printing this is?

Thanks!

Nope, no idea which printing it is, and I'd have to crack it out to find out. I think I'll just leave it be. While I do find the different printings of some of the GA keys interesting from a historical perspective, I'm not crazy about the idea of assigning greater or lesser desirability to a book based on that. I know it's kinda inevitable that that will happen, but I feel bad for the Marvel Comics #1 owners who now wish they had an October copy instead of a November. It all just seems silly to me. (shrug)

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

:whatthe:

Congrats, Todd! :applause: