• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

For those that don't read the Timely thread, I will post this here.

Not only is this a key book and a pedigree, it represents for me as a collector the ultimate milestone. This was the last key GA comic I needed to own to have owned every single one of them

:whee:

Marvel%20Comics%201%20Chicago_zpsj5dbqg69.jpg

TRULY TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

Newest pickup! Obviously low grade with some bad piece replacement "restoration" to the bottom corner, but still presents well for what it is.

1C111CDE-4628-43F2-B0B0-D7C1593F50A8_zpsscq1wxqn.jpg

Any Superman 3 is a good Superman 3. (thumbs u

Newest pickup! Obviously low grade with some bad piece replacement "restoration" to the bottom corner, but still presents well for what it is.

agreed

agreed

I will be playing signature Tetris shortly. :)

After this one's arrival today this is officially my oldest book. My favorite part of the cover is the date printed on the top. It's interesting how DC stopped printing the date with Action 22 and switched from the parallelogram to the circle for the price with Action 24. I prefer the older parallelogram ten cents.

3B7EDC75-BB59-432B-972B-A85C8428B685_zpsvbaw2bjm.jpg

After this one's arrival today this is officially my oldest book. My favorite part of the cover is the date printed on the top. It's interesting how DC stopped printing the date with Action 22 and switched from the parallelogram to the circle for the price with Action 24. I prefer the older parallelogram ten cents.

Wow that presents well. (thumbs u

Wow that presents well. (thumbs u

It has 4 major defects, of which only the tanning detracts from how it looks. Cover is completely split in 2, tanning to the cover, there's a horizontal tear from the left edge of the book through Superman's chest into the missile, and there's a piece missing from the first page that slightly affects the art. I'm very happy with it. Now I just need to get 17, 19,20, and 22.

Youre wowing us week after week, nice pick up! If you decide to do a thread a year from now in honor of Batman v Superman, you won't even have to choose a side :D

Youre wowing us week after week, nice pick up! If you decide to do a thread a year from now in honor of Batman v Superman, you won't even have to choose a side :D

If I had to pick a side...I prefer Batman the character, but I prefer the Superman covers.