• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,565 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2017 at 1:57 PM, Robot Man said:

This arrived from Sharon a few days ago along with another book I got from her wonderful sales thread. I was late to the party and was very surprised to see it still there. Glad to have gotton it and it's got a good home for life now. Thanks again Sharon!

combigshot43_zpsluuap8gd.jpg

Contemplated that one myself!! Fantastic snag there!!

1 hour ago, Knightsofold said:

Finally got a complete issue.  Of all my GA collecting, this has been the toughest book to find.

33380268595_f983d39ed3_b.jpg

Although I prefer the Spectre covers, that is one bad Dr. Fate cover and one I've rarely seen.

Edited by Robot Man
word choice

4 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

This is more of a justification then a recent purchase.  Well it is at least a purchase that I made in the last 10 years, I think.

33405679496_a04a327327_b.jpg

Spy Smasher 7 has a pretty cool cover.  Stan and Oliver think so too.

33318056051_5b3eeeb9be_b.jpg

...and notice they are wearing gloves to protect the comic.  I guess they were born to be comic book collectors and not piano movers.

38 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

The FedEx man just paid me a visit and I got my Hit 17.  My small collection of Lou Fine books

D01BA944-4A33-45B8-9BE3-EE5D51CE7E26.jpg

WW 7. :cloud9:

There are dozens of books that caught my eye when I got my first Gerber PhotoJournal set almost 25 years ago..... some of them I've managed to find and snag and some I just figured I'd just have to admire someone else's image. This was one of them, and I was incredibly stoked when it popped up for sale a little while back. I had to sell a few books to swing it, seeing as tax time was coming up and all. Everett's always been a favorite and while simple, this cover always grabbed me. Now I just need to be in the right place at the right time for a Miracle Comics #1 in a nice 6.0ish condition..... GOD BLESS..

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

i821qWO.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

30 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

There are dozens of books that caught my eye when I got my first Gerber PhotoJournal set almost 25 years ago..... some of them I've managed to find and snag and some I just figured I'd just have to admire someone else's image. This was one of them, and I was incredibly stoked when it popped up for sale a little while back. I had to sell a few books to swing it, seeing as tax time was coming up and all. Everett's always been a favorite and while simple, this cover always grabbed me. GOD BLESS..

i821qWO.jpg

:whatthe:

3 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

There are dozens of books that caught my eye when I got my first Gerber PhotoJournal set almost 25 years ago..... some of them I've managed to find and snag and some I just figured I'd just have to admire someone else's image. This was one of them, and I was incredibly stoked when it popped up for sale a little while back. I had to sell a few books to swing it, seeing as tax time was coming up and all. Everett's always been a favorite and while simple, this cover always grabbed me. Now I just need to be in the right place at the right time for a Miracle Comics #1 in a nice 6.0ish condition..... GOD BLESS..

i821qWO.jpg

I've always admired that one from a far as well.  Fantastic pick-up!  Looks like it's in great condition too.  Congrats!

4 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

i821qWO.jpg

What a beauty Jimbo