• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,398 posts in this topic

Got this Trolley to go with the Marvel Mystery 17 that I posted in the Timely thread.  Only 4 more MF's until I finish the mini-run of Spectre and full mask Dr. Fate covers.

MF%2064%20cgc%207.5%20Detroit%20Trolley_

On 2/28/2017 at 0:00 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Congrats Rick i look forward to it!!! Love them rare ones!!

Well, here is the book I was REALLY excited about getting. All was well until I opened it and found an undisclosed near complete spine split :frown:

One of my most disappointing comic days. Have to return, even if just out of principle. Seller said "if you return it you BETTER not damage it anymore." 

Ummm, sir, you sent this with a bag and cheap backer in a priority envelope with no cardboard. I think I have you covered in how to handle comics. Buying books on eBay can be discouraging :tonofbricks:

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

1 hour ago, podboy66 said:

Got this Trolley to go with the Marvel Mystery 17 that I posted in the Timely thread.  Only 4 more MF's until I finish the mini-run of Spectre and full mask Dr. Fate covers.

Love those! Spectre is one my most favorite GA characters. I've been picking up that run myself for years. I really have very few though. Everybody says this is a "dead title" I have hoped for the years the prices would take a drop but it still hasn't happened yet.

15 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well, here is the book I was REALLY excited about getting. All was well until I opened it and found an undisclosed near complete spine split :frown:

One of my most disappointing comic days. Have to return, even if just out of principle. Seller said "if you return it you BETTER not damage it anymore." 

Ummm, sir, you sent this with a bag and cheap backer in a priority envelope with no cardboard. I think I have you covered in how to handle comics. Buying books on eBay can be discouraging :tonofbricks:

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

I feel your pain Rick. My last two ebay transactions have been a mess. I got a nice EC western for a good price and the seller didn't send it and refused to answer emails. Got my money back after I filed but I really wanted the book. The second one was a real kick. The seller had a long rant about being a collector for 40 years and knew how to grade. He of course blasted CGC as a "waste of time and money". Had a vg grade and it looked right in the photo so I bid and was the only bidder. Got the book promptly and found a large ragged panel torn out of the story I bought the book for. I played it cool with a slight bit of my usual snarky wit and sent him a pic. He replied back that he only looks inside books $100 or more! I let it go and believe me it was hard. He did tell me to keep it and refunded ALL my money. These are books like yours. Cheap readers for enjoyment. If your seller had any brains he would say keep it and give you your money back. I would also push for him to pay your return postage since it wasn't mentioned and clearly his fault. I'm buying more on the boards and shows these days. Ebay has gotton a little rocky...

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

Given the response he gave you, you may as well as out him ... after he refunds your money. 

4 hours ago, podboy66 said:

That's a nice looking copy !

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, podboy66 said:

Nice copy of a great book.