• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,384 posts in this topic

And this one has been on my top 5 pre-code grail list for almost 10 years!!! Its a comic most people haven't ever seen since its not in gerber, nor in any reference books or mags on precode, nor in an overstreet. Thats a shame since its a KILLER & disturbing as hell Kirby cover, has 2 kirby stories inside & has Ditko's 4th or 5th printed work. I lost the only one i have seen on ebay at 2x guide for a good+, this is a nice VG+

270262-bm.jpg

270262-bm.jpg.c36575f4a516907eb46210ee0b11093a.jpg

Congrats! At one time I was buying Black Magic for a friend of mine who wanted a complete set. Most of them went through my hands but I don't remember that cover! If it wasn't for collectors these things would be lost to the ages. That would be a shame. Good job!

i should have been more clear, i meant that overstreet never had a picture of it. Although i have never seen the 1st 3 overstreets, so there is a chance. I was just commenting on what a great cover it is, but not even tales too terrible or the Benton book or any website or ANYTHING has ever shown that cover!

i should have been more clear, i meant that overstreet never had a picture of it. Although i have never seen the 1st 3 overstreets, so there is a chance. I was just commenting on what a great cover it is, but not even tales too terrible or the Benton book or any website or ANYTHING has ever shown that cover!

Ahhhh. OK, I got ya! And I have to say it really one of is the neatest Black Cat cover I have seen.

i am not a fan of black cat, always my least favorite pre code for some reason, but this is an exception. there are maybe 3 other covers i would like. I never used to like ACG either, but those early 52 pagers have been catching my eye....

I understand what you are saying. I would add Hand Of Fate to the more generally uninspired cover list. And their cover layout is usually ho-hum.

I chose Black Magic 17 for my collection. Really like the cover.

blkmag17.jpg