• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Picked up this sweet little Harvey after our good friend Telerites posted it...I saw it and just had to have it...Neat little date stamp!! Just a crazy cool Splash in this one as well...Even the inside front cover's got a pretty neat add for the often sought after Green Hornet Comics #13!! pretty happy with this one thanks for opening my eyes to this one J!!

15903629077_683ef52ac4_b.jpg

Love it Gino! A lot of the Harvey golden age stuff is cool and uncommon. If there isn't a thread dedicated to the publisher, there should be!

thanks Buddy!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

Picked up this sweet little Harvey after our good friend Telerites posted it...I saw it and just had to have it...Neat little date stamp!! Just a crazy cool Splash in this one as well...Even the inside front cover's got a pretty neat add for the often sought after Green Hornet Comics #13!! pretty happy with this one thanks for opening my eyes to this one J!!

15903629077_683ef52ac4_b.jpg

Love it Gino! A lot of the Harvey golden age stuff is cool and uncommon. If there isn't a thread dedicated to the publisher, there should be!

thanks Buddy!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

Thank you Gino, and a a very Merry to you and yours as well!

So remember I posted the Algie #1 9.8 a few days back I won off Heritage, right? So, I looked around a bit and just purchased these 3 other high grade copies. So now I got one for each of my kids and me...and cornered the market, lol All three look pretty darn nice.

slgie1a_zps8a6ff0bf.jpg

algie1b_zpsca338a52.jpg

algie1c_zpsce5c6f6a.jpg

Cool! Looks like you have cornered the market :D

Sorry about the horrible scan, but I LOVE this book :luhv:

an8_zps16284b3b.jpg

It looks like an amazing copy! Here's mine:

allnew_zps11ee2efb.jpg

AWESOME copy you've got there!!!! I was just saying that I've looked a long time & have only seen beaters of this book. YOU'VE got a keeper there my friend!!! :headbang:

Cheers! (thumbs u

It has a weak spine, but I'm happy with it! :)

Once again, sorry about the bad scan

w1_zps2fb3f642.jpg

bad scans but great books Jim :)

Thanks Ben. Trying a different scanner & not happy with it. I'll see about some photos instead (thumbs u

Those are superb books. :headbang:

Sorry about your scanner woes. I'd recommend a flatbed legal document scanner such as an HP Scanjet (my model is the 8300). In any event, for best slabbed comic imaging look for a compatible CCD (charge coupled device) rather than a CIS (contact image sensor) type scanner.

If more research would help, there's also a thread devoted to scanners over in General. (thumbs u