• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

This one came in just under the wire as it arrived yesterday afternoon. So it will be my last official acquisition of 2014.

I've long wanted a nice copy of this book for my set, and this one fits the bill nicely.

I was able to make a trade for it using some other GA books that I had doubles, or triples on. So it is a true win win

:)

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

Gem! (thumbs u

This one came in just under the wire as it arrived yesterday afternoon. So it will be my last official acquisition of 2014.

I've long wanted a nice copy of this book for my set, and this one fits the bill nicely.

I was able to make a trade for it using some other GA books that I had doubles, or triples on. So it is a true win win

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

Beautiful copy! Great way to end the year.

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

famousfunnies1250_zps3ea8ac36.jpg

Love these books,dawn of the comicbook as we know it,

Me too Jack (thumbs u I've got a little pile of them & they're fun. not too expensive & show a cool snapshot of the time period.

I agree they are a great backbone series of the dawn of comicbooks....

He is a smattering of early numbers.......many had different cover for back cover.....neat and inexpensive books.......jb

Like you and Jimbo, I love those early Famous Funnies. I tried for years to complete them all, but was never able to do it. The #1 eluded me and eventually I tired of the quest.

I will admit Billbo, there's a certain ........ serenity that comes from just buying what comes my way & not trying to complete the run. Ideally it'd be fun to have a complete set, but I could say that about nearly every comic title :)

I'm with you Jimbo. I'm doing a little of both now. Some runs I don't want all of the books. Others I do.

We're fishin' the same pond my friend :hi:

I've got a soft spot for a few of these myself. Here's one that seems like about the right time to share, give or take a day. Happy 80th birthday, FF #6.

FamousFunnies6.jpg

Nice copy Chris (thumbs u I didn't know you had any interest in these (shrug)

Fellow boardie was kind enough to let me purchase these from him last week. I look forward to having them in hand this week. Maybe next, darn holidays slowing the mail.Thanks Jim

funnyfrolics1_zps0365db6f.jpg

wackyduck1_zps628b4c53.jpg

dopeyduck1_zps25d791d2.jpg

and in honor of that....I tacked down a decent grade #2. CGC has one as 6.0 only so I am hoping for the best upon grading.

Dopey2_zpsc4d200fa.jpg

You betcha Tim (thumbs u Enjoy them my friend :headbang:

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

Gem! (thumbs u

Thanks guys, I'm very pleased with it

Congrats, I love this book. (thumbs u

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

Congrats, I love this book. (thumbs u

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

why do you gotta post sweet books like this all the time?!!! I have a hard enough time stickin to the superheroes!!! now I want to pick some of these up that's pretty darn neat!!!

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

Just love those Disney books.

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

Just love those Disney books.

+1, great pick up Bill !

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

I passed on that one several years ago but never seen a good deal on one since then. The early run of MM seems to have a lot of people interested who don't collect Ducks. Nice... :banana:

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

Congrats Bill i love it

This is kind of an offbeat one. Apparently a reprint of MMM 1 with additional stuff. Rare according to Overstreet.

RAD1F1872014916_154259_zps0d38419a.jpg

FANTASTIC! :applause::applause::applause:

mm

agreed that's REAL nice!!!!! (thumbs u

Thanks guys. I wasn't really looking for one but with a price way below guide, it was too tempting to pass up.

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

I passed on that one several years ago but never seen a good deal on one since then. The early run of MM seems to have a lot of people interested who don't collect Ducks. Nice... :banana:

...... my Mom loved these..... she had a couple in her stack. She also liked, oddly enough, certain GGA Fiction house books. She also had a sweet copy of FC 92 (Pinocchio)...... I wish I'd kept them when she passed. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

MMMV1-1_zps800d131b.jpg

Congrats Bill i love it

Yeah, that's a great book. Disney comics are so under appreciated.