• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Man those early Prize comics are so cool with Green Lama and Frankenstein. Real good contents. I'm piecing the run together a little at a time but they are hard. I think I have an Okajima and of course a "Paul" copy. If you want a real challenge, try to find the Double Detective Pulps that the Lama appeared in before the comic. I've also got the club kit!

Bob

This one closed out the year, I'll need to upgrade at some point but will make a nice placeholder. I almost bought a mid grade copy 20 years ago from a SNE catalog but I bought some silver age Marvels instead. I think this cost me 4x as much......

MF56cgc40oww_zps6ad82339.jpg

This one closed out the year, I'll need to upgrade at some point but will make a nice placeholder. I almost bought a mid grade copy 20 years ago from a SNE catalog but I bought some silver age Marvels instead. I think this cost me 4x as much......

when you upgrade, I'll be your huckleberry for this copy :wishluck:

one of my favorite covers in the run...... nice one Vern...... and an eventual undercopy that won't take long to find a new home..... GOD BLESS......

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yep it's an official "Paul" book! I remember seeing it in one of the boxes. I should have bought it but there were so many more I wanted more at the time. Glad it went to you Bill because you are a true spoon Tracy fan. Oops, I am learning. Don't say the D word. The people you bought it from are the buyers of this collection.

:whee:

Thanks for the confirmation brother :)

These books are for Ciorac. I know you have an obsession with "Paul" books too. Ed didn't originally find the collection. He was just one of the first buyers. I got about 100 of them after Ed. Here ais a sampling of some of the cooler ones:There were a lot of DC'scombatman44paul_zps965ab5d9.jpg

comdetective106paul_zps950a314b.jpg

comgreenlantern30paul_zps57e96944.jpg

comflash92paul_zpsd652e8da.jpg

Some nice Schomburg Nedors: (some not marked "Paul")comthrilling44paul_zps04093d27.jpg

comexciting28paul_zps85e3db82.jpg

comexciting39paul_zps530ce785.jpg

commystery2paul_zpsbdb2570f.jpg

So, you bought these after Ed Had already been there? I always wondered why Ed Didn't take everything. Does this guy still have anything? I know Jim bought some after you did..

Hi Howard. Yeah they kept finding more in other boxes. Ed never saw them. He only got one shot at them. Jim and I were the other 2 major buyers. They sold some at Glendale which is where I met them. It took me quite a while to get into the collection. They put a lot on eBay before I knew about them. Jim has been selling his part. I think he's got a decent pile left. I got a bunch of his as well. The sellers did't like giving dealer discounts (I don't blame them). I got real friendly with them and got pretty good deals. I was mostly buying the "cheap in guide" books for my self. I did'nt even look at any of the SA/BA or pulps although I did get a few good pulps. Man it was fun and nail biting. There are a couple dealers that weren't to happy at me for "holding out" but I knew the sellers didn't want to work with dealers and I didn't want to upset them.

Hi Howard. Yeah they kept finding more in other boxes. Ed never saw them. He only got one shot at them. Jim and I were the other 2 major buyers. They sold some at Glendale which is where I met them. It took me quite a while to get into the collection. They put a lot on eBay before I knew about them. Jim has been selling his part. I think he's got a decent pile left. I got a bunch of his as well. The sellers did't like giving dealer discounts (I don't blame them). I got real friendly with them and got pretty good deals. I was mostly buying the "cheap in guide" books for my self. I did'nt even look at any of the SA/BA or pulps although I did get a few good pulps. Man it was fun and nail biting. There are a couple dealers that weren't to happy at me for "holding out" but I knew the sellers didn't want to work with dealers and I didn't want to upset them.

Well keep :baiting:. Maybe more will show up.

Tell Jim to give me a shout if he is still looking to unload some

Tell Jim to give me a shout if he is still looking to unload some

When I was looking at Jim's Hall , I saw Jumbo, Fights ,Wings Also some other oddball stuff. I think All the Schomberg titles were gone and he didn't get any superhero. Bob would know better than I.

Yeah, you are right but he did get quite a few DC superhero. I bought a Sensation from him a couple of weeks ago at Long Beach. I don't know what he still has but I do know he has some left. I will give him a call tomorrow and check with him. He would be about the only one who has some for sale. Joe and Bonnie are pretty cleaned out of GA.

Yeah, you are right but he did get quite a few DC superhero. I bought a Sensation from him a couple of weeks ago at Long Beach. I don't know what he still has but I do know he has some left. I will give him a call tomorrow and check with him. He would be about the only one who has some for sale. Joe and Bonnie are pretty cleaned out of GA.

(thumbs u thanks Bob