• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

These books are for Ciorac. I know you have an obsession with "Paul" books too. Ed didn't originally find the collection. He was just one of the first buyers. I got about 100 of them after Ed. Here ais a sampling of some of the cooler ones:There were a lot of DC'scombatman44paul_zps965ab5d9.jpg

comdetective106paul_zps950a314b.jpg

comgreenlantern30paul_zps57e96944.jpg

comflash92paul_zpsd652e8da.jpg

Some nice Schomburg Nedors: (some not marked "Paul")comthrilling44paul_zps04093d27.jpg

comexciting28paul_zps85e3db82.jpg

comexciting39paul_zps530ce785.jpg

commystery2paul_zpsbdb2570f.jpg

These books are for Ciorac. I know you have an obsession with "Paul" books too. Ed didn't originally find the collection. He was just one of the first buyers. I got about 100 of them after Ed. Here ais a sampling of some of the cooler ones:There were a lot of DC'scombatman44paul_zps965ab5d9.jpg

comdetective106paul_zps950a314b.jpg

comgreenlantern30paul_zps57e96944.jpg

comflash92paul_zpsd652e8da.jpg

Some nice Schomburg Nedors: (some not marked "Paul")comthrilling44paul_zps04093d27.jpg

comexciting28paul_zps85e3db82.jpg

comexciting39paul_zps530ce785.jpg

commystery2paul_zpsbdb2570f.jpg

(worship)You MUST sell them to me :wishluck:

For mere Dead Presidents? Surely you jest. One thing you will learn about me is that I am THE true collector. I had to WORK for these. Being a man of modest means I had to pick and choose carefully when I got the chance at these. Here's the deal, Paul was a packrat and a bit of a wirdoh. He lived alone and moved these older books from MO. I have a couple that have his name and address filled out in coupons. He had comics, pulps, magazines, books, fanzines and all kinds of paper stuff. In short, a horder. When he passed away his family like the Church heirs wanted the house cleaned out. A local guy was the lucky benefactor of his hord. I met the seller at a local toy show about 2 years ago. He had 3 mag boxes of these cool comics. I bought a big stack of comics and nice pulps and talked the guy up a bit. He told me the story and the fact that he had a LOT more books. I called the guy weekly and got the brush off. Finally, through a friend that knew him well, he let me come over to buy some more. He had 3 or 4 more boxes and I bought a bunch more. All the while a couple of other guys were getting some as well.He told me that a month or so earlier he had sold Ed most of the Detectives and Bats (including #1). Ed also got most of the All Stars (including #8 and #36), a nice batch of America's Best, about 6 nice Caps in the #60's and a few more assorted DCs. Some where I have a picture of his score as he posted pictures in the Events section trying to lure buyers to the Long Beach Con about 2 years ago. The guy and his wife wanted to dole them out a little at a time so I didn't get to see all of them. A local toy dealer got a huge amount of mostly non-key DC's. I went for the "oddball" publishers like MLJ, Nedor and others. The toy dealer did Terry O'neil's show last year and got slammed by Jamie Grahm, Harley, Carbo and others. The couple was putting a lot of them on ebay for a while so a lot are scattered to the wind. (I recently bought an Action from a guy on ebay with Paul's name on it so they are out there). He kept most of the ECs but I got a few of them. He still lists from time to time but they are really picked through and he has nothing left of significance. It was a rough few months not knowing what I was missing but I am still happy with what I was able to get. A lot of them didn't have Paul's name on them especially after the 1940's. Paul had books all the way up to about 4 years ago. I never even looked at the SA books because I'm a GA collector. Was a fun ride though. You just don't see OO collections like that much any more. Here's a few more for you:comaction141paul_zpsb51e519f.jpg

comallamerican101paul_zps8feb4a4e.jpg

comallflash31paul_zps64fcdb7e.jpg

comallflash32paul_zps7e47025e.jpg

combluebeetle34paul_zps0a5c3fb6.jpg

combuckrogerspaul_zps295c3f49.jpg

comgreenlantern38paul_zps662ee1fe.jpg

comkerrydrake8paul_zps44d68a41.jpg

comhangman3paul_zpsc242d46b.jpg

comspellbound1paul_zps3fe25bfd.jpg

comsuspense5paul_zpsd54d5740.jpg

comcomedy20paul_zpsde5def43.jpg

Post a pic of it when you get it and I can probably tell since I saw so many of them. There are about 4 different styles of his name. Also some are in ink and some in pencil. Wasn't really a pedigree and the seller kept no list. Just one heck of a cool collection. I still get a little excited when I see one.

Post a pic of it when you get it and I can probably tell since I saw so many of them. There are about 4 different styles of his name. Also some are in ink and some in pencil. Wasn't really a pedigree and the seller kept no list. Just one heck of a cool collection. I still get a little excited when I see one.

suco2_zps2892bd84.jpg

suco3_zps19eef284.jpg

Yep it's an official "Paul" book! I remember seeing it in one of the boxes. I should have bought it but there were so many more I wanted more at the time. Glad it went to you Bill because you are a true spoon Tracy fan. Oops, I am learning. Don't say the D word. The people you bought it from are the buyers of this collection.