• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Just in. Always been a sucker for the girl in a glass tube covers.

and..way to go,Pons!

IMG_0364_zpsr3xp1mvm.jpg

WOWZERS what a book!!!! That is one Fantastic Fox book!! Huge congrats on that snag :applause:

I like the glass tube covers too just nabbed this pulp from our fellow master of all things COOL (not junk) (thumbs u

20236127132_78d1805591_c.jpg

Also picked up these neat little books from SUPER-TED!! Its obviously a short one but my first completed set of any Golden Age run if you can call it that I guess haha!!...

20373094781_c7869efcae_b.jpg

Very cool! (thumbs u

Also picked up these neat little books from SUPER-TED!! Its obviously a short one but my first completed set of any Golden Age run if you can call it that I guess haha!!...

Nice "Double Header" Gino! I got #2 years ago and it took me about 5 years to get the #1. Great two issue run and great to get 'em both at once. Ted is one of the best dealers out there.

i don't recall ever seeing that 2nd one before; very nice, gino.

Not sure I've seen either of them before. Two really cool books!

the first one used to show up on the boards from time to time, as we had a card-playing-cover collector who would show his books.

Thanks Gentleman I really appreciate the kinds words!! I thought the books complemented each other very well as a pair. The way the 2 villains are proportionally larger with each sporting red as their primary colors. I like how our hero is coming in on opposite sides of the baddies when placed side to side almost seemingly smashing the larger than life demons off the page; and lastly how the Banner and background color choice used can be switched out interchangeably with the yellows and blues.

Of course the real treat will be thumbing these up as they are really solid copies. As you all know I like the lower end books mainly because they present as well loved but also because they fit my budget and allow me to explore and add more books to my collection at this stage in my life. The only downside to that is sometimes the books need to be handled with a little more delicacy in certain areas meaning I read most of them at the table for easier handling as opposed to my feet up on the sofa recliner like I would with a new issue. These two issues are real solid. As I get a little older say 10 years or so down the road and I got a little more of the mortgage payed down I plan on switching my whole game plan to lower mid grade say 3.0-5.0s. It keeps me looking forward to it as the hunt will continue all over again for some of these awesome treasures!! Thanks again guys!! Enjoy the beautiful weekend!! Gotta go cut the grass and watch some Bridgstone!!

Just in. Always been a sucker for the girl in a glass tube covers.

and..way to go,Pons!

IMG_0364_zpsr3xp1mvm.jpg

WOWZERS what a book!!!! That is one Fantastic Fox book!! Huge congrats on that snag :applause:

I like the glass tube covers too just nabbed this pulp from our fellow master of all things COOL (not junk) (thumbs u

20236127132_78d1805591_c.jpg

Thanks Gino. Love the Marvel pulp. I've got the one with the Timely hero page inside. Not sure which issue it is off the top of my head,but they are all really neat.

Very cool pair. Congrats!

Very cool pair. Congrats!

Thanks ol' chap!!! and about those pulps its pretty cool as I am brushing up on the history how Goodman who is the founding father of our beloved Timely comics was originally a pulp guy.

armynavy14.jpg

Cool book buddy!!! The art on that one is much different that the other stuff we are more accustomed too!! Neat

I like Army and Navy and this issue has an especially good story. Mighty Mouse giant is the 100-page issue that actually has 144-pages, I think. Anything with Ditko is good.

20437063826_d7fb3f4788_b.jpg