• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Not a big horror guy, but could not pass up this one.

2015-08-10-0001_zpsdnktahf8.jpg

I AM a big horror guy and that is a beauty!

"couldn't pass it up"...

Understandably so my friend that is a SWEET book!! (thumbs u

Great find :applause:

Also picked up these neat little books from SUPER-TED!! Its obviously a short one but my first completed set of any Golden Age run if you can call it that I guess haha!!...

20373094781_c7869efcae_b.jpg

Very cool pair. Congrats!

Thanks ol' chap!!! and about those pulps its pretty cool as I am brushing up on the history how Goodman who is the founding father of our beloved Timely comics was originally a pulp guy.

Those are some fantastic covers.

So happy to finally have this one! One of the most 'subliminal' provocative GGA cover ever IMHO. This issue of the run is the one that least comes to market. How did ol' Mr. Rogers ever get away with this one (or is it just MY mind in the gutter :devil: )? From Prize publications 1948.

Babe%202_zpsonfmuwvm.jpg

So happy to finally have this one! One of the most 'subliminal' provocative GGA cover ever IMHO. This issue of the run is the one that least comes to market. How did ol' Mr. Rogers ever get away with this one (or is it just MY mind in the gutter :devil: )? From Prize publications 1948.

Babe%202_zpsonfmuwvm.jpg

I gotta admit ... I've studied this cover and I don't see the hidden meaning. hm

I am slow, though, and it's a great book in any case. :D

Hey Sqeegs, and thanks buddy!

Correction: What i meant to imply is that Babe is rendered in a 'sly' provocative way. Sort of like the 'Headlights' covers. No hidden meaning. I remember when CC auctioned the Church copy some five years or so back, they raved about the cover too in the sales pitch.

I love it! Great book (thumbs u

Babe%202_zpsonfmuwvm.jpg

Been wanting this baby for a long time.

All_American_61.jpg

:headbang: One of the classic DC golden age covers! "Solomon Grundy...hates Super Friends"...sorry, Saturday morning flashback lol

:luhv:

WOW Jeff!!!! Great pickup buddy that copy is sweet man!!! :applause: Huge congrats!! (thumbs u

I love it! Great book (thumbs u

Babe%202_zpsonfmuwvm.jpg

Neat book Corey!!! Congrats!!! dang man she's got that leg kick like Juan Marichal high haha!! Good stuff

Babe%202_zpsonfmuwvm.jpg

I'll bet that you've always secretly wanted a double-jointed girlfriend...;)