• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Well this isn't anything near as nice as the 4 books I just quoted as far as condition is concerned that's for sure..Incomplete and beat...but its hard to argue whether or not sweet Lou hit a homer with this cover or not!! I say yes...yes he did. Picked up this raggedy well loved beauty for a song and it was awaiting my arrival when we got home from the lake this afternoon!! No complaints with this day over in northeast O-H-I-O!!...

20477281614_776324c287_c.jpg

I never noticed this before, but the skeleton has fleshy hands. It just strikes me as a bit odd. Great cover that you don't see very often! :applause:

Well this isn't anything near as nice as the 4 books I just quoted as far as condition is concerned that's for sure..Incomplete and beat...but its hard to argue whether or not sweet Lou hit a homer with this cover or not!! I say yes...yes he did. Picked up this raggedy well loved beauty for a song and it was awaiting my arrival when we got home from the lake this afternoon!! No complaints with this day over in northeast O-H-I-O!!...

....this one doesn't get the notoriety that some Lou Fine covers get, but it's EASILY one of my top 5 favorites by him. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Love this Book Gino. Great pick up!!! It's one of those books when you are flipping through your collection that makes you stop and say to yourself,"Yeeeeeahhh, that's a cool book!"

....this one doesn't get the notoriety that some Lou Fine covers get, but it's EASILY one of my top 5 favorites by him. GOD BLESS...

Love this Book Gino. Great pick up!!! It's one of those books when you are flipping through your collection that makes you stop and say to yourself,"Yeeeeeahhh, that's a cool book!"

You got that right pal!!! Thanks J!!!! :grin:

You got that right pal!!! Thanks J!!!! :grin:

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

One of my favorite Quality books. You have been on a roll lately Gino!

I see that wallpaper getting alot larger!

Thanks Cat and thanks J!!!! Will do brother and J you got me pegged for making the wallpaper a teenie bit larger haha!! Snagged this off the bay last night... I swung and missed on it when it came to auction in April and it was right in my wheelhouse...I tried my best to not let it get to an 0-2 count..Should set well next to the Pep #28 rag I got stashed away:) :cloud9:

21112796492_15598a9069_c.jpg

Agreed -- an underated cover for sure!

He shoots, he scores AGAIN! Great book Gino. You gotta crack it to see the splash page though... One of my favorite MLJ's

Thanks Damien and thanks Robot!! I have to agree the splash this book is famous for is off the register cool!! I also enjoy a few of the others from this issue as well...for everyones viewing pleasure...I hope the images dont offend anyone if it does let me know and I will take it down...I would think most reading in the Gold Sector are ok with me sharing these as they are accustomed to this type of stuff though.

20523968704_8216323dd6_c.jpg

20958631170_dc41411094_c.jpg

20958868498_5572a8ec4f_c.jpg

He shoots, he scores AGAIN! Great book Gino. You gotta crack it to see the splash page though... One of my favorite MLJ's

Thanks Damien and thanks Robot!! I have to agree the splash this book is famous for is off the register cool!! I also enjoy a few of the others from this issue as well...for everyones viewing pleasure...I hope the images dont offend anyone if it does let me know and I will take it down...I would think most reading in the Gold Sector are ok with me sharing these as they are accustomed to this type of stuff though.

20523968704_8216323dd6_c.jpg

20958631170_dc41411094_c.jpg

20958868498_5572a8ec4f_c.jpg

Definitely a b itchen comic book! I wonder though why they spelled Tokyo as "Tokio", in the newspaper headline? On purpose for some "politically correct" reason (highly doubt that), or an editing lapse?

Definitely a b itchen comic book! I wonder though why they spelled Tokyo as "Tokio", in the newspaper headline? On purpose for some "politically correct" reason (highly doubt that), or an editing lapse?

Neither. it was a common spelling of Tokyo at the time. You see it in many WW II-era comics. The preferred methods of transliterating Chinese and Japanese characters into English have varied over time.

To take one example: The Mao Tse-tung of the 1960s is the Mao Zedong of today.