• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

I may have told this story before, but when I was a kid there were a few bookstores in SF's Tenderloin district that sold used comics at nominal prices. One guy in particular had a lot of 1950s books that he was selling for a nickel or a dime ... until he got a hold of a copy of Rogofsky's catalog.

He jacked up the prices of most books to Rogofsky levels. I remember he was asking $12.00 for a Superboy 1 that was probably FN/VF . He displayed it prominently in his window until the sun had almost entirely bleached away the color. :D

Great story!! The colors on the book are bold and deep - on the bottom of the FC there's a small tear and some kind of dirt/ stain and on the bc there's a small tear as well with some wear on the upper edge. I'm going to prominently display it on a shelf in my home office where I can stare at it and debate with myself over the next several weeks if I send it to Joey or not.

Thanks to a tip from a Boardie, these two lovelies will be on their way to me soon

While they may seem like two innocuous comics to most, to me they represent two of the last three issues I need to complete the run. :)

Only one more to go once these two hit the mailbox

super%20comics%2032%20fc_zpswgff2dnd.jpg

super%20comics%2062%20fc_zpsvsx5cbik.jpg

Edited by ciorac

Thanks to a tip from a Boardie, these two lovelies will be on their way to me soon

While they may seem like two innocuous comics to most, to me they represent two of the last three issues I need to complete the run. :)

What is the last one you need Bill? Maybe someone here can help to finish your quest.

What is the last one you need Bill? Maybe someone here can help to finish your quest.

Edited by ciorac