• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Not a cover you will likely see a modern version of; meets my pre-code criteria (thumbsu

Does suck to be her though...:sorry:

Indeed. Wonder what the cops will do about her getting stood up.  Hopefully no murders in town that night... :wink:

On 6/9/2017 at 6:47 PM, sacentaur said:

Just arrived from CGC, presents so much better than the assigned grade but I shouldn't complain - very scarce book, and a pedigree (Big Apple) to boot. :) 

3be131fa-7d9e-404c-84a4-499ad6168e97_zps

Simply beautiful. A wonderful example of buying the book not the grade. :applause:

Where do you find stuff like this?!?!? 

1 minute ago, Batmanderson said:

So I'm just recently getting back into collecting and starting with Batman.  This is my biggest book yet (thanks to the encouragement from some of the guys on the boards).  I'm pretty pumped and was told this was the place to post it.

TEC 43.jpg

What an awesome book Jared!  Congrats!  

11 minutes ago, Batmanderson said:

So I'm just recently getting back into collecting and starting with Batman.  This is my biggest book yet (thanks to the encouragement from some of the guys on the boards).  I'm pretty pumped and was told this was the place to post it.

TEC 43.jpg

Just a monster grab.  Look forward to seeing this one in person during the visit in August!

19 minutes ago, Batmanderson said:

TEC 43.jpg

Great pickup :golfclap:

36 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

A recent pick-up. The details on this cover are mind-boggling. No doubt this took Lou a long time to complete.

The "Moroccan carpet" copy.

Jumbo_11_zpsqfdzndql.jpg

Love that pedigree! You have some killer books there! Keep em coming!  

23 minutes ago, sagii said:

Love that pedigree! You have some killer books there! Keep em coming!  

Thanks sagii!! I'm buying books as fast as my wallet can cover me, and as fast as my wife doesn't notice me!!!

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

A recent pick-up. The details on this cover are mind-boggling. No doubt this took Lou a long time to complete.

The "Moroccan carpet" copy.

Jumbo_11_zpsqfdzndql.jpg

One that I'm missing - lovely 5.0 with sweet colors.

I'm not familiar at all with "Moroccan carpet" books, any details to share?

10 hours ago, sacentaur said:

One that I'm missing - lovely 5.0 with sweet colors.

I'm not familiar at all with "Moroccan carpet" books, any details to share?

Thanks Steve.

There are only silly details: the fact is, the only time of day I can take a decent photo of my books is around 3:30 in the afternoon when the sun catches a comic book-sized patch of my Moroccan carpet at an angle, providing good lighting for the photo without too much glare!

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

This funny book collecting just got real for me.  Detective 8!

image_zpshectifll.jpg

WOW, what a book!!! One of the all-time classics! Flessel knocked this one out of the park!  :headbang:

26 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

One more book down on rebuilding my Junior Comics collection thanks to a boardie friend :smile:

fc.jpg

Just guessing here... I'll bet they use the same hair salon. hm