• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
13 hours ago, sagii said:

Love that pedigree! You have some killer books there! Keep em coming!  

Thanks sagii!! I'm buying books as fast as my wallet can cover me, and as fast as my wife doesn't notice me!!!

Old comic collector saying:  "He who is limited by the size of his wallet misses the big Berk books." 

15 hours ago, Batmanderson said:

So I'm just recently getting back into collecting and starting with Batman.  This is my biggest book yet (thanks to the encouragement from some of the guys on the boards).  I'm pretty pumped and was told this was the place to post it.

TEC 43.jpg

Knockout!  Congrats.

25 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Picked this up today from my LCS who just got it from an Original Owner. Pretty great Ogden Whitney classic. :x

Cross posted in teen humor. Couldn't help it. Tied for highest graded.

fc.jpg

Love it, Rick! Tough enough to find at all, let alone top grade! (thumbsu

Should I be watching sales threads for an undercopy offering?

On 6/9/2017 at 4:47 PM, sacentaur said:

Just arrived from CGC, presents so much better than the assigned grade but I shouldn't complain - very scarce book, and a pedigree (Big Apple) to boot. :) 

3be131fa-7d9e-404c-84a4-499ad6168e97_zps

I just noticed (because I love looking at this copy), but does that label notation say "Creig Flessel cover"?!!

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

I just noticed (because I love looking at this copy), but does that label notation say "Creig Flessel cover"?!!

Good obs - Adventure 36 is supposed to be a Flanagan cover.

13 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Picked this up today from my LCS who just got it from an Original Owner. Pretty great Ogden Whitney classic. :x

fc.jpg

Amazing book!  You are lucky with the ladies

On 6/9/2017 at 7:43 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

An exceptional copy. Going off to Sarasota. Unless there is some "invisible" stain I think 7.5 to 8.0. :wishluck:

IMG_4531.JPG

Forgive my ignorance Rick -- is her hair colored in red, or is it printed that way?

On 6/12/2017 at 6:13 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

fc.jpg

Awesome.  Mine's not even close.

16 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Printed that way. No signs of color touch at all. 

Very cool.  :applause:  Never knew there was a redhead variant. Is it a Canadian edition or something or do you think the cover was altered on press?

11 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Very cool.  :applause:  Never knew there was a redhead variant. Is it a Canadian edition or something or do you think the cover was altered on press?

It has not been pressed. It is not Canadian. I don't know why her hair is red honestly. It seems like it should have been read all along I've never understood why she's blonde with red highlights  since her hair is red almost everywhere else. 

4 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

icked this up today from my LCS who just got it from an Original Owner. Pretty great Ogden Whitney classic. :x

fc.jpg

Awesome.  Mine's not even close.

Mine is!  But, alas, that's the only issue I've been able to find in decent shape.

diz3.4a_zpsnnsqxjtv.jpg

fc.jpg

Heck of a local comic store where a guy can pick up one of the highest graded copies of a very hot GA comic...