• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, atomic1950s said:

Coo

Cool book! What do the interior stories look like? 

The interior is a book length story, all by Bob Powell, about an alien injured in a crash landing on Earth. Vic and his girlfriend try to save the alien and also protect Earth from the evil guys pursuing him. 

17 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Another good day on the doorstep

image.jpeg

Great book, one of my favorites.

Curious about the postcard. Is that supposed to be Chuck's sig verifying the authenticity of that book as the Church copy?

5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

The interior is a book length story, all by Bob Powell, about an alien injured in a crash landing on Earth. Vic and his girlfriend try to save the alien and also protect Earth from the evil guys pursuing him. 

As I read it, it struck me right away that it seemed like it could have been the inspiration for Hal Jordan's origin.  2c

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Wow. That's mindblowing, Minh! What a treasure chest of books!

But wait -- no Detective 31??? :baiting:

;)

Don't get him started some great pickups (thumbsu

On 6/3/2017 at 5:09 PM, Readcomix said:

Another good day on the doorstep

image.jpeg

Cool book and nice grab. I saw that and was interested especially since it was a Mile High with a Chuck "COA". But I already have a nice copy as well as this British copy:

comvictorryflyingsaucer_zpssyititwf.jpg

45 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cool book and nice grab. I saw that and was interested especially since it was a Mile High with a Chuck "COA". But I already have a nice copy as well as this British copy:

comvictorryflyingsaucer_zpssyititwf.jpg

Very cool! It's a great GA book no matter how you slice it. Wanted an affordable Church; not sure I really have one but am efforting the confirmatory (or disproving) :sorry:work. Just be nice to be certain either way. I will report back one day, but this may or may not be something that takes a bit of time.

On 6/4/2017 at 5:34 PM, Albert Legaspi said:

My third copy...I have been upgrading the condition since 1976

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG

One of my favorite Hitler covers.  Very nice!

8 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Very cool! It's a great GA book no matter how you slice it. Wanted an affordable Church; not sure I really have one but am efforting the confirmatory (or disproving) :sorry:work. Just be nice to be certain either way. I will report back one day, but this may or may not be something that takes a bit of time.

Possibly a copy Edgar picked up used?  Or maybe one that the person who bought it from Chuck read multiple times? hm

Not all Church copies are jaw dropping stunners. Consider the earliest ones and latest ones Edgar bought second hand. This Whiz is a case in point. I got this from Redbeard years ago. Hard to see but it does has some very light pencil scribble in the upper most right cloud. It also has the cursive "D" on the cover. Came with his own COA. If Ron owned it and said it was a Church, nuff said. He was one of the earlier purchasers of the collection and bought lots of the lessor priced books in bulk deals. I will say, if you really want to go to Church, you really need to save up and get one of the real nice ones. I just can't describe in words the look, feel, smell and freshness of a nice copy. 

comwhiz128milehigh_zpsrijpcobx.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Canteen Kate 1. A Matt Baker Classic.

Cross-posted in Baker Romance

fc.jpg

Great pick-up Rick. This is an outstanding run of Baker goodness. Doesn't get a lot of love since these are all Baker art cover to cover. The Fighting Marines's Canteen Kate is awsome too.

comcanteenkate_zpsrkop8gdt.jpg