• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

That Weekender is such a cool cover.  I had not seen one until the feebay listing (didn't see the posting here).  I wonder what's inside?

25 minutes ago, Yorick said:

That Weekender is such a cool cover.  I had not seen one until the feebay listing (didn't see the posting here).  I wonder what's inside?

Canadian reprint books, cover is from Dynamic Comics (take this off your search bar!)

According to oversheet, 36 pg comic, 16 in newspaper format with photos, partial Dynamic Comics reprints.  4 pages  of cells from the Disney film Pinocchio and little Nemo.  One of the coolest covers I've seen, and had it on my watch list since I saw it on here 2 years ago.  So ya, just delete and forget you ever saw it :)

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Fun, new River City pedigree from A-1 comics yesterday.

I love Fritzi and Nancy and this one had an unexpected bonus...

comcomicsonparade44b.jpg

Cool!:applause:

Mailman just dropped off my River City snag, but i'll let (disinfected) box sit for a day before opening it!

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Grabbed this one too while I was at it. I mean, $20. for a River City Fritzi? No brainer...

comcomicsonparade47.jpg

Is there a RIver City thread on the boards? We could all post our winnings from A-1 Comics thread recently and I'm sure it would get filled up very quickly haha. Beautiful Fritzi BTW!

18 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

Found on on the bay!  Ends in 1 hour, threw some money at it and its now out of my price range :(

Oh I didn't see the Ebay listing until it was complete. Seems like a healthy price given the rounded corner and no back cover scan. 

Weekender.jpg

Edited by The-Collector

40 minutes ago, path4play said:

My buying has slowed down considerably, but look what I grabbed!

Been on want list some time, hardly ever see a copy.  One of my top pics for best Romance Cover.

Now, have to figure out how to squeeze it into my every growing sig line...?

Comix263-scaled.jpg

you can't go wrong with a red dressed lady