• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, Math Teacher said:

I picked up this grail from an IG user this week. I know there are people who will argue that this belongs in the SA forum, so I am just going to post here and there.

DC225.thumb.jpg.528568fd1875b28dd13efad1da970bb5.jpg

It came out before Showcase 4, so you're good.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:38 PM, Frisco Larson said:

@sagii posting those sweet Speed issues reminded me that I have a few that I have artwork for. At the end of the run, it's a bit easier to find nicer copies. The art is an Al Avison half page house ad featuring Captain Freedom. The Speed logo paste up was already gone by the time the art reached me. 

Speed 43.jpg

Speed 43 original art ad page.jpg

:applause:Another great pairing of comic book history there buddy!

And it looks very bright and clean (worship)

On 10/7/2022 at 7:31 AM, sagii said:

:applause:Another great pairing of comic book history there buddy!

And it looks very bright and clean (worship)

Thanks! It IS very clean and fresh in condition! I was very lucky to see it when I did or certainly someone else would've snagged it for sure! Al Avison superhero artwork isn't something I've had many chances at buying. I think a lot of that stuff changes hands privately and the rest of us never even get a shot at it. 

On 10/12/2022 at 5:40 PM, WolverineX said:

Going to start a list.  Any recommendations? Hopefully they aren't too expensive...(:

That depends on your definition of (too) expensive.  hm

Schomburg covers are grand to behold ...usually well over a grand. xD

Seriously, I'd recommend looking at Nedor/Standard (Black Terror, Fighting Yank, Thrilling, Exciting, etc) and Harvey (Speed, All New, Green Hornet, etc).

But high grade Schomburg covers will be wallet stressors. 

:cheers: