• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Thanks gang. I'm really excited. I'm going to crack it and read it. Maybe right now as I'm winding down after a very long day.

Can't go wrong for a $100.

:cloud9:

Just got this in after the USPS decided to detour it through Australia.

:eek:

I'm a sucker for early Schomburg and yellow covers.

RealLifeComics117-5comiclink.jpg

:takeit:

:makepoint: you can't take everything (or can you hm )

Just got this in after the USPS decided to detour it through Australia.

:eek:

I'm a sucker for early Schomburg and yellow covers.

RealLifeComics117-5comiclink.jpg

Looks familiar. In fact, it looks like my scan has followed that book from owner to owner.

Yeah, I was impressed with the colors, however there is slight moisture damage to the right side of the cover...nevertheless, very bright with nice pages.

How can you stand stained books in your collection? Send it to me and I will sell it for you on consignment......to myself.

The colors are eye-popping!

Definitely eye-popping. Both of them. (:

Can we still post our POS here? This is an eBay special: Poor Grading with High Shipping :mad: but ... since it was the last St John I needed, I'm grudgindly (sp?) happy to have over-paid. :banana: Plus, the interior art has 1 story by Lily Renée and 2 by Ruth Atkinson so it's nice to see female artists almost carrying an entire Romance comic-book :cool: Oh, and yeah, that Baker dude isn't bad either :grin:

51409-DiarySecrets10s.jpg.b830bc9b0fb16709984fe93f12f7f5ff.jpg

Can we still post our POS here?

51409-DiarySecrets10s.jpg

I hope so, because I'm about to follow up.

But this is no POS, this is a cool book! Renée, Atkinson, Baker!

My favorite part:

"The whole town called me a hussy when I started picking up boys I didn't know!"

(OK, maybe they didn't all use the word "hussy".)

and

"I spelled KI$$E$ the wrong way!"

HAW!

Jack

This is an eBay special: Poor Grading with High Shipping :mad: but ... since it was the last St John I needed, I'm grudgindly (sp?) happy to have over-paid. :banana: Plus, the interior art has 1 story by Lily Renée and 2 by Ruth Atkinson so it's nice to see female artists almost carrying an entire Romance comic-book :cool: Oh, and yeah, that Baker dude isn't bad either :grin:

Can we still post our POS here? ...

That's Prize of Shipment, right?

Two fun Atomic Age Blackhawks for well under $20 each.

Yeah, I see the chips. I come to praise 'em, not to slab 'em.

Blackhawk 48 from January 1952 with a colorful Reed Crandall cover! Interesting stories starting to show a heavy Cold War influence (plus a goofy Chop Chop story).

51425-Blackhawk48.jpg

Blackhawk 65 from June 1953 with a cover dedicated to skypinkblu, fazybones and joanna. Still Crandall, but do you think he may have just given Cuidera a rough layout? More Cold War goodness, more goofy Chop Chop, more science fiction themes sneaking in.

51426-Blackhawk65.jpg

Jack

Blackhawk 48 from January 1952 with a colorful Reed Crandall cover! Interesting stories starting to show a heavy Cold War influence (plus a goofy Chop Chop story).

51425-Blackhawk48.jpg

:applause: The first half of 1952 has one of the best run, if not the best, of 5 or 6 covers in the entire Blackhawk run.

Can we still post our POS here? ...

That's Prize of Shipment, right?

Two fun Atomic Age Blackhawks for well under $20 each.

Yeah, I see the chips. I come to praise 'em, not to slab 'em.

51425-Blackhawk48.jpg

Blackhawk 65 from June 1953 with a cover dedicated to skypinkblu, fazybones and joanna. Still Crandall, but do you think he may have just given Cuidera a rough layout? More Cold War goodness, more goofy Chop Chop, more science fiction themes sneaking in.

51426-Blackhawk65.jpg

Jack

Purple ... :cloud9:

I'm with you on the Blackhawk 65. If there was any Crandall on that cover it was erased and inked over.

The Blackhawk 48 is an excellent cover by Crandall.