• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,399 posts in this topic

I took a few books to Philly Wizard World to take advantage of the on-site grading. Here are the results.

It Rhymes With Lust

New highest graded copy. Next highest on the census is a 6.5.

ItRhymesWithLust_CGCVF80.jpg

Wow, super copy! Where did you find this?

Ebay find about 10 years ago. :headbang: I bought two of them from someone whose father had owned a newsstand. The were cleaning out the back room and found them on a shelf. The other one graded a 4.5.

Thunda #1

Thunda1_CGCVG35.jpg

This looks really nice for a 3.5

+1

Maybe a 5.0 without the front cover chip!

The previous owner caused that when putting it into a mylar. :cry: Still, it's a really pretty 3.5.

Flash Comics #10

My all-time favorite Flash cover :cloud9:

FlashComic10_CGCF60r.jpg

Wow, another great book. I'm a fan of this cover as well. Nice displaying as well! (thumbs u

Mr RedFury - you've filled my GA comic "eye candy" needs for today with all these incredible books! Thanks for posting! :cloud9:

Crime Does Not Pay #22 (#1)

CrimeDoesNotPay22_CGCVG45.jpg

Red,

We must be buying from the same bargain bin. I have a lot of those Arlin Ira Fegley (AIF) books. I heard that he was a collector in Jersey who died 10-15 years ago and the books were auctioned off with the rest of his estate. Do you know the real story? He liked crime comics a lot. Several of my Crime and Punishment issues have his signature. The interior of the books usually are white or off white.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

Red,

We must be buying from the same bargain bin. I have a lot of those Arlin Ira Fegley (AIF) books.

I heard that he was a collector in Jersey who died 10-15 years ago and the books were auctioned off with the rest of his estate.

Do you know the real story? He liked crime comics a lot. Several of my Crime and Punishment issues have his signature.

The interior of the books usually are white or off white.

bb

4696617871_92505bd871_b.jpg

e.g. and he also liked All True Crime and Crime Detective.

I took a few books to Philly Wizard World to take advantage of the on-site grading. Here are the results.

It Rhymes With Lust

Super book, hard to find in any condition! :o

Here's one I got from Metro a while ago. I was only aware of Ingels EC stuff until a year ago. I fell in love with this right away.

StartlingComics46.jpg

Beautiful copy. What did Metro grade it when you bought it?

Crime Does Not Pay #22 (#1)

CrimeDoesNotPay22_CGCVG45.jpg

Red,

We must be buying from the same bargain bin. I have a lot of those Arlin Ira Fegley (AIF) books. I heard that he was a collector in Jersey who died 10-15 years ago and the books were auctioned off with the rest of his estate. Do you know the real story? He liked crime comics a lot. Several of my Crime and Punishment issues have his signature. The interior of the books usually are white or off white.

bb

Thanks for the info. All I had heard before was his name and that he was a well known collector.

I bought this copy raw from PokerKid, who bought it from QualityComix. I wonder how many other people owned it between me and Arlin?

It Rhymes With Lust

Thanks. It's definitely the one I'm most excited about. :grin:

It Rhymes With Lust

Amazing copy! But aren't the Candid Tales even harder to find, let alone in nice shape?

It Rhymes With Lust

Amazing copy! But aren't the Candid Tales even harder to find, let alone in nice shape?

I think they're about the same level of scarcity. Very hard to find any copies, very, very hard to find nice ones. You can include Bold Stories in that list too. I have them, but they're very low grade.