• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

With gratitude to Honky for pointing out the lot this was buried in, I am down to the last 3 :acclaim:

The book is worse than I thought it'd be but I take what I can with these last few.

As one of the tough Fawcetts from that time period, it is appropriately taped inside the spine to keep front and back covers together. Those weak spines were endemic that month. (shrug)

100263.jpg.ad7655cef7f4bbd1a731953c6182f7e3.jpg

Cool books -- and not ones you see very often!

4721212523_cfe2d1f0e6_b.jpg

Congratulations!!! :applause: I do like the cover and the colors.

Makes me very happy with the spine on my W of Fear 3.

With gratitude to Honky for pointing out the lot this was buried in, I am down to the last 3 :acclaim:

The book is worse than I thought it'd be but I take what I can with these last few.

As one of the tough Fawcetts from that time period, it is appropriately taped inside the spine to keep front and back covers together. Those weak spines were endemic that month. (shrug)

All at once ! Even the double? This is of GATor proportion :applause:

2 Heritage lots last week.

nobody else musta wanted them.

already had several of them but managed to pick up the lots for what I was willing to pay for the ones I was missing

Been waiting for you to show that one, congrats!

The Suzie #51 I got from those guys was a real beater as well, but it'll do.

100263.jpg

Very cool. Much grittier CM Jr. than usual

Got a new book today that I've been searching for, for a long while :banana:

Hangman #7

I'm not sure if this is as scarce as it seems, but it took a very long time to find one, and there are only 4, that includes unrestored and restored, 4 total on the CGC census.

IMG_2585.jpg

Now I don't collect Hangman or MLJ comics, so why did I really want one of these you may ask.

This is why:

IMG_2581.jpg

Now it can be argued that Hangman was certainly a poor knock off of Batman. And this cover swipe certainly is interesting, right down to the bats in the background identical to the 31. Pretty neat.

(Btw isn't there a cover swipe knock off thread of covers some where? )

Congrats on an apparently tougher than one would think pick up!! :applause:

100263.jpg

Very cool. Much grittier CM Jr. than usual

What comics are you now looking for with your last few Scrooge?

Edited by JvR11

One of the Boardies used/does own the original art to this cover. It's a fantastic piece by Wood.

Some of my favorite Ec's

Weirdscience18fc.jpg