• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,400 posts in this topic

Here's one I got from Metro a while ago. I was only aware of Ingels EC stuff until a year ago. I fell in love with this right away.

StartlingComics46.jpg

Beautiful copy. What did Metro grade it when you bought it?

I bought it slabbed for about $150 over guide and was happy to do so. The comic looks great (just some weird scruff marks on the inside of the CGC case). I wish CGC would get rid of that "bondage" notation though.

It Rhymes With Lust

Dust? Rust? Trust? Crust? :think:

Mulva?

I don't get the title. Am I missing something? How about bust, thrust or Delores?

Her name is "Rust". :gossip:

Hah. My second guess. Do I win a prize? :acclaim:

Thanks, Mark. :)

As I stated before I am slowly going to collect Batman GA Joker covers.

Not the highest grade but all I care about is there VG or better and unrestored.

This aspect of collecting makes me feels like a normal non HG collector again. :banana:

Scan_Pic0087.jpg

back to SA/BA where you belong sir! lol See in SD :hi:

Not the highest grade but all I care about is there VG or better and unrestored.

This aspect of collecting makes me feels like a normal non HG collector again. :banana:

Scan_Pic0087.jpg

Congratulations! :applause:

And if you ever crack the slab, the story inside is pretty good, too.

Scan_Pic0087.jpg

Congratulations! :applause:

And if you ever crack the slab, the story inside is pretty good, too.

I think Batman and Robin were in Times Square to see the Tonys broadcast.

4289077174_b88ebaf6e5_b.jpg

Crime Does Not Pay #22 (#1)

CrimeDoesNotPay22_CGCVG45.jpg

Red,

We must be buying from the same bargain bin. I have a lot of those Arlin Ira Fegley (AIF) books. I heard that he was a collector in Jersey who died 10-15 years ago and the books were auctioned off with the rest of his estate. Do you know the real story? He liked crime comics a lot. Several of my Crime and Punishment issues have his signature. The interior of the books usually are white or off white.

bb

Thanks for the info. All I had heard before was his name and that he was a well known collector.

I bought this copy raw from PokerKid, who bought it from QualityComix. I wonder how many other people owned it between me and Arlin?

I sold it as a VG 4.0

10797.jpg

It was purchased in a collection about 2 years ago from a long time collector who only wanted #1s and first appearances. It was a massive golden age collection of almost every first appearance imaginable except Tec 27.

Red,

We must be buying from the same bargain bin. I have a lot of those Arlin Ira Fegley (AIF) books. I heard that he was a collector in Jersey who died 10-15 years ago and the books were auctioned off with the rest of his estate. Do you know the real story? He liked crime comics a lot. Several of my Crime and Punishment issues have his signature. The interior of the books usually are white or off white.

bb

Thanks for the info. All I had heard before was his name and that he was a well known collector.

I bought this copy raw from PokerKid, who bought it from QualityComix. I wonder how many other people owned it between me and Arlin?

I sold it as a VG 4.0

10797.jpg

It was purchased in a collection about 2 years ago from a long time collector who only wanted #1s and first appearances. It was a massive golden age collection of almost every first appearance imaginable except Tec 27.

you're saying it had hello pal 1??? no damn way!

Red,

bb

I sold it as a VG 4.0

10797.jpg

you're saying it had hello pal 1??? no damn way!

don't recall an action 1 :baiting:

but that is the collection the marvel 1 oct ext copy came from, if I recall...and it also had a supes 1 that was eventually graded 3.0 blue (thumbs u

but that is the collection the marvel 1 oct ext copy came from, if I recall...

It was Arlin Ira Fegley's collection or was this CDNP 22 acquired by another collector who assembled the first app / #1 collection?

but that is the collection the marvel 1 oct ext copy came from, if I recall...

It was Arlin Ira Fegley's collection or was this CDNP 22 acquired by another collector who assembled the first app / #1 collection?

from a collector that assembled the collection...was not a AIF