• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Thanks guys!

cool...I have some Playmates Prototype Turtle stuff from the 90's...will have to check them out (haven't thought about them in years)

Please do. I love seeing protos even if they're not for sale. I thought I was the only Gator who had any TMNT stuff!

Thanks guys!

cool...I have some Playmates Prototype Turtle stuff from the 90's...will have to check them out (haven't thought about them in years)

Please do. I love seeing protos even if they're not for sale. I thought I was the only Gator who had any TMNT stuff!

back in the late 90's, we sold a ton of Playmates Star Trek and I also offered Turtles... when they dropped the line, my rep sent me a box of prototype stuff...I always meant to display it, but never got to it (10 years later lol )

Thanks guys!

back in the late 90's, we sold a ton of Playmates Star Trek and I also offered Turtles... when they dropped the line, my rep sent me a box of prototype stuff...I always meant to display it, but never got to it (10 years later lol )

Well, if you ever get around to it, I'd love to see them!

TMNT TERMINATOR...Please tell me where you got that comic rack!! Nice organization for your CGC's!!!

I know, isn't it awesome? I had been searching high and low and was convinced there was no such thing.

Then I chanced upon this thing of beauty...at Circuit City's closeout sale. They were selling fixtures galore and it was actually my wife who spotted it. I bought it, brought it home, and it fit perfectally in the closet. Best part, I can put my raws on it as well.

It has wheels and easily rolls out. I love it.

I do appreciate a collector who is passionate about the object(s) of his affections and follows through by managing to assemble something that covers the subject in both depth and breadth (if you know what I mean).

Kudos (worship)

Thank you. It has been a long journey getting to this point. And I know some people probably think its weird/strange to focus on just ONE character(s) (esp. the TMNT) but its all I know and I'm having a blast. I'm finally at a point where I can display some of the neat stuff I've acquired over the years and I enjoy sharing it with others who may have never such items before.

Funny thing, while this is all I collect, I love reading all sort of different titles. These forums in particular have turned me on to so many different books. But I'm no collector in those areas, just someone who likes sitting down a reading a good funny book every now and again.

Perusing the marketplace has tempted me a number of times to "expand" my interests but I've stayed put. I do think, that if I ever decide to buy a book as a collector it will be Avengers #4. Love the Cap and that cover grabs me every time.

Hello Chespirito

I nearly missed your question

Those guys are from DC comics and I think I got them at one of those shops in California, maybe the Universal gift shop. They have them in some of the big malls out there

JR

Those "super Heroes" figures, when are they from?

Welcome to my Turtle Room! I don’t have everything on display, just don’t have the room. That said, I do have a fair amount of interesting stuff out for viewing. I’ve essentially converted a small spare bedroom, but even though it’s a whole room, it’s still way too small to put everything out in. Anyways, thanks for checking it out!

First up, I can’t show you my room without showing what’s been hanging outside of my room ever since ’89. This hanger has been on my doors everywhere I’ve lived, from Oklahoma to Miami and even up to college. It’s a bit tattered but still hangs (with a bit of help!)

Walking into the room to the left you see this rather plain looking closet.

Inside, however, houses my comic collection.

Ok, there’s a lot going on in here.

On the left is my comic rack, which has my CGC collection in front. Almost all of my books are 9.8. (I had just bumped the rack before the photo and forgot to line everything up again so some books look a little skewed)

1-4, 1st prints and Raphael SS

5-22

Miscellaneious

Behind the rack, I have most of my loose comic collection. There are about 400 books on there.

To the right on the table, I have an assortment of Mirage related items and books.

You can see the rare T-shirt from ’86 along with ’85 pin set. There’s the bronze version of the statue along with a few of my dark horse figures in package, including the first release version in stapled bag. And my Silver and White Turtlemanias.

And jumping past a few loose books/mags, we can see my Challenges soft and ultra rare hard cover books

Along the back wall, I have every one of the collected books/graphic novels that have ever been produced.

Above them, I have the limited edition Mirage print

You may have noticed, my “wallpaper” on the back. In keeping with being an original art nut, ALL of that is original artwork from Frank Fosco, artist from Image Comics who drew volume 3 of the comics from '96-'99. All of it’s the real deal, and they are roughs and sketches from various books in the series. There’s cover work, panels, everything. Some in pen, pencils, markers. I have so much of this awesome stuff I needed a neat way to show it off. I thought a collage of sorts would work and I think I accomplished what I was looking for (and no, that’s not all of it!)

Ok, I just brought up original art. Lets leave the closet and see what else is going on.

On the wall opposite the closet, I have framed my 8 page story from ‘86s Mudens Bar. An incredible collection of early pages, so I HAD to frame them together. (to see each page closer up, check my CAF)

Next to the closet, I have my Peter Laird ’84 donatello sketch (my earliest TMNT artwork)

and my Gobbledygook #2 page (my earlist page period).

To see these closer up check my CAF below.

Next to those, I have my pages from issues 1985s 3, 4, and 5 (framed with the First publishing colored page by Steve Lavigne). These pages are classic Eastman & Laird, and feature all of their pencils/inks.

And I think I’ll stop here as most of the room is made up of toys and I don't think theres much interest for that here. As a sneak peek though, I’ll show you “The Wall”, which is my solution to having too many vehicles in boxes to store. Also, proved to be an innovative way to separate the spaces. (and No, the windows are not ususally open; only when I'm in there.

I've got to give you credit. A nice collection that you've displayed perfectly. Beautiful.

Edited by thehumantorch

Howdy folks!

Well, after spending 5 months of last year in hospital, my "comic room" got a serious downgrade after a move. I am in the process of getting the new digs together... for now, they (2/3rds of collection) sit in a space pictured below :pullhair:

StorageLeft1.jpg

StorageRight2.jpg

A far cry from the first post of this thread. But, I am optimistic about the new space! I have about 10K comics lying around in there (comic room) now. I have another "facility" such as one pictured across the country... maybe one day I will have all of my goodies together in one glorious spot! For now, I will just have to make due with what I have. (shrug)

Some GREAT rooms in this thread folks! Glad to see that it has been getting a little action as of late. (thumbs u

So far, this is all that I am showing of the new room. Call it a "Sneak Peek!"... lol

TCGCaricature.jpg

A recent purchase that resides scattered throughout the house! Mostly Sa-Ba with 15% Copper. Some decent books in these "tubs"! :wishluck: Just over 2000 books in this one. Got another collection in the back room that has roughly the same... all BA

tosort.jpg

Best,

John