• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

I recently relocated most of my comicbooks to a new room!! I was in a split level office / loft arrangement (see below)

ComicLoft3.jpg

Hey ComicDoc, where'd you get this shelving with wheels? ???? All the units I see at Home Depot that are similar in construction just have straight legs.

A little FYI - Costco carries the same type of shelving unit and they come with wheels. On top of that, they have a 6th shelf, whereas most only have 5. Hope that helps (thumbs u

Link to Costco.com - sold out there, but may have in store. $20 off as well until the 3rd of May.

Link to Costco.com - sold out there, but may have in store. $20 off as well until the 3rd of May.[/url]

Thanks JG! Inspired by your post I just checked and learned there's a CostCo within 20 miles. Might have to give them a call and see what's in the store!

Just be careful, that stuff varies in grade and strength. Some that I bought from Target can't hold 5 shorts per shelf w/o bending.

Home Depot carries the 5-shelf heavy duty units for $39-$49 when they are having sales, and the wheels are extra.

Just be careful, that stuff varies in grade and strength. Some that I bought from Target can't hold 5 shorts per shelf w/o bending.

Home Depot carries the 5-shelf heavy duty units for $39-$49 when they are having sales, and the wheels are extra.

All the same stuff made in china.

This is the real deal:

http://www.metro.com/

Really cool room, but those pretty FFs are going to get light-struck!

I have UV protection on window and lights. Here's a link to the stuff I used if your

interested. I dont sell it but it will redirect to someone who does.

http://www.mikescomicshop.com/24501.html

Interesting UV film. I think I may need some. Thanks for the link.

Here's my room.

myshop.jpg

:applause: Awesome! thats very similar to my room when i was about 14-15 . Also the link to UV film?!? I asked about something like that before but never found anything about it and just forgot i guess. My question about that stuff : does it come on a roll to be to cut to size? and how clear is it? im thinking of putting something like that on my slabs.

You can get completely clear on a roll. Also comes in mirror,smoke,stain glass look and others. I have clear and its clear as can be. It would be really smart of CGC to incorporate it into their cases. I think you can by magazine bags with UV proection. That might work better for the CGC cases.

My preciouses iz in the dark....deeeeep in the dark.... no light on my preciouses...

More seriously :)

I used to work at a museum and took a course on collection conservation and management. If you look at some of the companies that supply archives and museums, you can get all manner of inert tapes and films and containers, etc....

Of course, personally I think it won't matter 100 years from now :) - at least not to me!

With my company closing in a couple of months, we had a silent auction at work yesterday. I was able to pick up 19 pieces (Four 10-drawer file cabinets, Five 5-drawer file cabinets, Six 4-drawer file cabinets, 2 shelving units and 2 drawer units) for $118.00. Add the cost of a U-Haul cargo van and I spent only $200 for the entire lot.

I've taken before pictures of the comic room and I'm in the process of cleaning and spray painting most of the file cabinets. Once I'm done with the remake of the room I'll post the before and after pictures. (thumbs u

Edited by shark2557

Nice! I am looking forward to seeing this.

I've often thought of using filing cabinets - how to they work for comics?

I wouldn't want to use the hanging folders, so those of you that use them - do you line them with anything to accomondate comics?

Edited by bergdoll

I dont know if maybe its already been covered but since you all intersted in file cabinets here's a link to that very subject. I dont know anything about that type of storage but it looks like these guys have it figured out. Hope it helps.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Topic23381-20-1.aspx

Edited by MasterCPU

Really cool room, but those pretty FFs are going to get light-struck!

I have UV protection on window and lights. Here's a link to the stuff I used if your

interested. I dont sell it but it will redirect to someone who does.

http://www.mikescomicshop.com/24501.html

I'll rest easier. There is a store in town that kept some neat stuff up long enough for the comics to become almost worthless. I tried to tell 'em...

The only protection is not to have the books displayed for a long period of time. Yes the film protects against UV rays but over time they WILL fade. The film does not protect 100 %. doh!