• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

added this to my office/comic room this week. Found at a thrift store for $2. Think it originally stored x-ray film.

IMG_2127.JPG

It's part of a larger work-in progress Spidey wall section that borders the closet my legal sized comic filing cabinet is in.

IMG_2166.JPG

I'll probably swap the books in and out here and there. My slab storage rack has reached capacity too. It's an old Magazine rack from a library I got from the local government surplus for $6.

IMG_2164.JPG

So I've had to get creative:

File Box from office depot. Plastic with a worthless lock. But it's got a fair amount of space.

IMG_2160.JPG

And found this CGC branded short box at a semi-local LCS.

IMG_2161.JPG

and on the wall to the right of the spidey wall in the above (hidden by the angle) I've started hanging my slabs. I use the 3M command hooks, the small ones with clear strips. Using 4 per book, 2 hooks on the wall, 2 hooks on the book. I can swap them out pretty easily. Strips come off the slab with minimal effort.

IMG_2167.JPG

I've gotta come up with some better storage as my slabbed collection grows.

Edited by tjdill

added this to my office/comic room this week.

IMG_2167.JPG

Very cool space and books, but can we get a picture of the shelving in the background - looks Trekkie :foryou:

added this to my office/comic room this week.

IMG_2167.JPG

Very cool space and books, but can we get a picture of the shelving in the background - looks Trekkie :foryou:

+1 Very Trekkie :cloud9:

This was a few weeks ago. Almost done with it...

10736923033_5f2d3ac849_c.jpg

10736619035_272b9f576d_c.jpg

Nice room! I was wondering about the blue/gray boxes on the credenza where did you get them and do they fit two rows of books?

I got thost at IKEA. Got the glass shelves and credenza there as well. I'll have to check on the blue boxes. Not sure if they fit 2 rows of raw books. I'll confirm though.

So I've never posted my comic book room before and since I'm getting ready for a move I thought I might snap some memories and share them while I'm at it. I know it's not your typical "super hero" room but it's what I enjoyed most growing up and I'm just happy to share it with you! :foryou:

wmznZ3x.jpg

p3pHwYD.jpg

NfGVtWL.jpgP68tv26.jpg

T3eIw2j.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! :)