• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

My basement flooded out in September, finally finished today.

I can sympathize. My Man Cave is in the basement as well, which flooded last spring due to a broken sewer pipe. It ruined three rooms, but my area was spared - but it has inspired me to remodel it into a cooler comic room. Nice pics of the new joint!

My basement flooded out in September, finally finished today. Made it into a sort of mancave/comic room.

405632_10150473121314752_557629751_8344829_740772999_n.jpg

Very nice shelving from Ikea for my comic book collection. Each one of those boxes is a magazine box. This is *my* stuff, the not for sale stuff.

382705_10150473121544752_557629751_8344833_997853021_n.jpg

The new office area. This was previously just junky storage. That Wizards poster needs to get hung. Right behind the pole is a Bose speaker

409658_10150473121794752_557629751_8344838_1419424642_n.jpg

The two captains chairs that replaced the old blue ones. Also note the hardwood flooring throughout..

Very nice and congrats remodeling after the flood. Might want to get those comic boxes off the floor by a couple of feet...just in case it happens again :baiting:

Our flood was a total black swan event. Required:

1) 15 inches of rain in three hours

2) Blocked storm drain

3) Water to come up 35 feet (literally) from the drain

4) The seals to crack on the garage doors

5) Nobody to be home

Had never happened before, so I think I'm OK with it.

Slowly be surely I'm starting to get things cleaned up.

We got a bow flex on order that will go here...

7b241985.jpg

We got a drum set and schiwnn exercise bike on order for this spot...if anyone is interested, the floor cleaner machine is brand new and for sale ;)

73af1bd0.jpg

I'm thinking about a love seat, a couple captain chairs in this floor space...there is also a Foose ball table to the side that I'm going to replace with a better unit. I haven't decided yet but I'll probably leave the walker where it sits but carpet that area. Then place a 55" or larger tv to the right of it.

df718512.jpg

We got a drum set and schiwnn exercise bike on order for this spot...if anyone is interested, the floor cleaner machine is brand new and for sale ;)

I'm thinking about a love seat, a couple captain chairs in this floor space...there is also a Foose ball table to the side that I'm going to replace with a better unit. I haven't decided yet but I'll probably leave the walker where it sits but carpet that area. Then place a 55" or larger tv to the right of it.

Hey WiseGuy,

Starting to look good - but where's the comics? Oh and a 'loveseat' - dude that's a bit extreme hm

409658_10150473121794752_557629751_8344838_1419424642_n.jpg

The two captains chairs that replaced the old blue ones. Also note the hardwood flooring throughout..

If you don't mind me asking, what did those two chairs set you back? Do they come in black as well? I'm thinking about buying a pair for my comic book/man cave.

Thanks.

Those are pretty awesome chairs... I might like to look into getting one myself

Hey WiseGuy,

Starting to look good - but where's the comics? Oh and a 'loveseat' - dude that's a bit extreme hm

This is a pretty good size room filled with cabinets. So a lot of the books are in small boxes placed inside cabinets. As for the love seat, that is for me and the wifey when we want to watch something together...will sub as a throw chair for me the rest of the time.

Once I get it cleaned up, I'm going to look into buying some comic art to hand on the walls.

Now here is some comics that are inside magazine boxed just above my desk area.

2f9b3bc8.jpg

7d4d653a.jpg

Here some long boxes.

5bf4d5df.jpg

My Amazing Spiderman collection.

8418657b.jpg

My comic work station...used for bagging etc.

a5ef32d9.jpg

Comic supplies...I need to order some more supplies.

cf97f622.jpg

Edited by WiseGuyX

Hey WiseGuy,

This is a pretty good size room filled with cabinets. So a lot of the books are in small boxes placed inside cabinets. As for the love seat, that is for me and the wifey when we want to watch something together...will sub as a throw chair for me the rest of the time.

Once I get it cleaned up, I'm going to look into buying some comic art to hand on the walls.

2f9b3bc8.jpg

7d4d653a.jpg

Here some long boxes.

5bf4d5df.jpg

8418657b.jpg

a5ef32d9.jpg

cf97f622.jpg

Ah, the comics look well organise :applause:. Is the ASM complete? OA on the wall would look so cool especially if you use dark frames to match the room.

Like a lot - more progress picture in due course? hm

Hey WiseGuy,

2f9b3bc8.jpg

7d4d653a.jpg

Here some long boxes.

5bf4d5df.jpg

8418657b.jpg

a5ef32d9.jpg

cf97f622.jpg

Ah, the comics look well organise :applause:. Is the ASM complete? OA on the wall would look so cool especially if you use dark frames to match the room.

Like a lot - more progress picture in due course? hm

Thanks,

It's amazing how junk sneaks up on a person....this room was wall to wall !

Anyhow, I took a break from ASM around issue 583 and was only 50 misc books away from a complete set. I've got most of all the major and minor keys like AF15/ASM 1 and ASM 3, 14, 39, 50, 129 etc. So I just need to start from there plus the previous missing 50 misc books.

It's funny you should mention OA, my plans for 2012 is to secure some OA for the newly cleaned out room. I'll post more pictures as time goes.

We got part of the Bowflex stuff in today. I already had the weights but the wife ordered the stand. The gym should be here tomorrow. We also went out looking for new living room furniture and a love seat for the comic/family room but couldn't find anything worth a flip.

ff7782b2.jpg

We got part of the Bowflex stuff in today. I already had the weights but the wife ordered the stand. The gym should be here tomorrow. We also went out looking for new living room furniture and a love seat for the comic/family room but couldn't find anything worth a flip.

ff7782b2.jpg

Not finding a love seat MUST be fate :banana:

ff7782b2.jpg

Not finding a love seat MUST be fate :banana:

lol I hope not.

It's hard work kicking back in a love seat ya know :grin:

Forgot to post my Christmas Decor this year - Comic Books not just for reading!!

Coming down the stairs from my comic loft.

ChristmasDisplay2.jpg

At the base of the stairs

ChristmasDisplay3.jpg

Wall in front of the lower stairs

ChristmasDisplay4.jpg

here is a better picture

ChristmasDisplay5.jpg

Just outside the lower office door in the TV room.

ChristmasDisplay.jpg

Forgot to post my Christmas Decor this year - Comic Books not just for reading!!

Coming down the stairs from my comic loft.

ChristmasDisplay2.jpg

Love the wall! Does it rotate to fit the season? Or is it Christmas year round?