• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Nice! :applause:

I'd love to pick up some Buscema/Alcala SSOC pages from early in the run. I'm re-reading these stories for the first time since I was kid with the Dark Horse reprints and I'm just blown away.

Me too. Great stuff (thumbs u I never owned those stories as a kid since some twin friends of mine were "in charge" of buying that stuff while I was buying X-Men so we can optimize our buying pattern and then we'd swap so I could read Conan and they could read my X-Men. Ahhh ... wonderful memories :cloud9:

I thought that the engraving limited the amount of detail that could be transferred to the comic page. Frazetta was doing a lot more work for a page of comics than he needed to. Some of the details were lost for sure. My color copies are not from high resolution scans and some detail may be lost there. We need to see some White Indiana scans.

I also liked this Sunday page. By the way the Thunda story is selling for $100,000 starting bid.

bb

2608126717_1dcda9bc46_b.jpg

It's amazing how Frank drew himself into so many stories and strips, as seen above.

Summer vacation?

Hopped in his time machine and he's bringing back a newsstand fresh copy of Adventure 40 to all board members with screen name starting in "s". :acclaim:

Sjayman checkin' in! :grin::hi:

Summer vacation?

Hopped in his time machine and he's bringing back a newsstand fresh copy of Adventure 40 to all board members with screen name starting in "s". :acclaim:

:banana:

Summer vacation?

sciorac all present and accounted for.

Sth..steag...spteh... damn, I'm just spitting all over my screen. :frustrated:

How's about using your Bizarro name: Senegaeht :insane:

In Bizarro world Adventure 40 am dollar bin book. In Bizarro world all fan boys want X-Factor 1 in 1.8 condition.