• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Re: " was there an Action #1 and/or Detective #1 and/or Detective #27 in the collection?"

In answer to your question: No, No, and Yes

Oh my God. What does it look like?

Re: " was there an Action #1 and/or Detective #1 and/or Detective #27 in the collection?"

In preparation of the inevitable scan, I'm installing a seat belt on my desk chair.

In preparation of the inevitable scan, I'm installing a seat belt on my desk chair.

I'm going to pull out the defibrillator.

I put a crash helmet on. I am going to need it.

If it looks anything like the Adventure 40, estimates of this being a million dollar collection will be quite low.

I put a crash helmet on. I am going to need it.

I'm gonna have a couple of paramedics next to me and an inhaler.

It's nice, but not as nice as the Adventure 40 or All-American 16.

Maybe I should demand a refund!!

Please, I beg you, I can't take the suspense any longer. Just post it and put me out of my misery. insane.gifyay.gif

This is shattering my senses!!! I don't know what to do, I am just all a-buzz with excitement!! Woohoo!

Let's all volunteer to go over to bangzoom's and help him scan, grade and catalog all these books. We can preserve the pedigree status and get it into the pedigree book! yay.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Please, I beg you, I can't take the suspense any longer. Just post it and put me out of my misery. insane.gifyay.gif

Scott, do you think the Fish is burning up the internet bandwidth trying to buy the collection? grin.gif

Scott, do you think the Fish is burning up the internet bandwidth trying to buy the collection? grin.gif

No, I think his silence signifies that his head actually exploded.

Like mine is about to.

Oh, and don't you dare tell us what you paid for the collection in the early 1970s. 893naughty-thumb.gif That would just be cruel.

The seller kept me on pins and needles for over a year when he didn't accept my offer, but instead said he'd have to think about it.

I called periodically asking if he'd decided. And as you can imagine, my offer grew and grew. I think I eventually paid about $7500.

Oh, and don't you dare tell us what you paid for the collection in the early 1970s. 893naughty-thumb.gif That would just be cruel.

The seller kept me on pins and needles for over a year when he didn't accept my offer, but instead said he'd have to think about it.

I called periodically asking if he'd decided. And as you can imagine, my offer grew and grew. I think I eventually paid about $7500.

mad.gif You did that on purpose.

Now please, my good man, post the Detective #27. I am going to go to the bathroom right now as a precautionary measure and I hope to be able to see it when I return. insane.gif

I wouldn't be able to wait that long, I would have gone insane.

My brain just imploded. Thanks.

I think I eventually paid about $7500.

Wow! You are a true gentleman. That was some major cash for those days and you really took a chance by stepping up to the plate.

Congratulations on your fantastic purchase and the rewards it's brought you and will bring.

No, I think his silence signifies that his head actually exploded.

Like mine is about to.

sign-funnypost.gif