• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Jesus H' Christ, you people almost make me disgusted to be a comic collector. Most of your questions are for the prospector not the collector. Can you not enjoy the pictures presented before you without asking "how much is this" "this guy is hyping his books" "there must be an agenda". Look at the freaking books for gods sake. When/If he makes additional statements as to whether the books are for sale, then make your comments as to his agenda/intentions. You are ruining threads like these for all of us by making your assumptions by multiple posts and ruining the original intent of this thread. Hell, I'm even writing this inebriated (sp?). so cut it out people. I like pretty covers, keep em runnin'

Jesus H' Christ, you people almost make me disgusted to be a comic collector. Most of your questions are for the prospector not the collector. Can you not enjoy the pictures presented before you without asking "how much is this" "this guy is hyping his books" "there must be an agenda". Look at the freaking books for gods sake. When/If he makes additional statements as to whether the books are for sale, then make your comments as to his agenda/intentions. You are ruining threads like these for all of us by making your assumptions by multiple posts and ruining the original intent of this thread. Hell, I'm even writing this inebriated (sp?). so cut it out people. I like pretty covers, keep em runnin'

893whatthe.gifsign-rantpost.gif Get this guy one more green beer! thumbsup2.gif

Turn back while there is still time because... foreheadslap.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

The comics are NOT for sale.

I've been consistent right from the start about letting that fact be known.

Every Private Message, I've repeatedly said: "I am still enjoying them. They are not for sale."

I've never once hedged and said, "...well, if the price is right" or "Make me an offer."

So, to sum up... makepoint.gif

gossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gif

I hate to say it, but if I were looking to sell such a collection at some

point and wanted to maximize its value I probably would not post any more

scans - at least not of the key books. It is very generous of you to share

the collection with us, bang-z, but you've already generated so much buzz in

the market that your collection will become mythical from now on until

whenever you might decide to sell. By posting such incredible scans you

can be virtually certain that someone will save them and put them in an

online database somewhere (if not publish a book with them). Freshness

to the market is really important to generate excitement for an auction

and I just want to point out that you may be selling yourself short.

I'm not sure I agree with this statement. Any collection that has been off the market for 30+ years will have a "freshness" buzz. And if I was interested in something like All American #6 (just an example, I'm not really after it) seeing this scan would whet my appetite and only make me want it more. In fact would it might kill is my desire to purchase one from another dealer or bid on one with Heritage knowing that this beautiful copy will be available one day. Nothing against SACentaur, but the copy of AA #16 Bang posted blows his away and can do nothing but build excitement for the whatever day he should decide it's time to sell.

Same for the Adventure #40.

If two years from now, Bang says "I have an unrestored Adventure #40 I am thinking about selling", people will be excited about a fresh one to market and if he hadn't posted a scan we wouldn't know how excited we should be and what amazing condition it is in. But now since he's posted the scans There will be the Holy Crud anticipation and excitement since everyone knows.

Agree as well. You can post them all you want, Bangzoom, these books and this collection are special no matter what and nothing is going to change that fact. I am not in the camp that there are all these "undiscovered" Golden Age original owner collections floating around out there that we are not aware of yet. And high grade to boot. What we are witnessing here we may not see for the next 10, 20, 30 years? Who knows, maybe never again? With all these key books??? Bangzoom, fire away with the scans. It makes absolutely zero difference. And thank you for sharing these wonderful books with everyone. This is what makes these boards so great. acclaim.gif

Im with the majority here. Get a list together; get them all in new mylars etc safely stored (if not already), keep posting scans, and dont sell them! This is a fanatastic find and a sensational concept for us to consider: the reality an undiscovered HG large GA COLLECTION! I think it coule]d very well garner Pedigree status. And you might not even need to slab them now either. If the big keys are there and in HG, and word spread, and excitement, when the day comes to slab and sell, CGC will go along with the Pedigree that the hobby has already annointed it with.

oh, and did I mention enjoy em, dont sell em???

Being a latecomer to these boards I realize that almost anything I choose to post has probably already been uploaded. So, I'm going to pick things from my collection rather randomly and hope there's some interest .

I love how this thread started.

Are we reading the same thread? I haven't seen a single post asking him if they are for sale. screwy.gif Everyone here just seems happy that such a cool collection is being shared. confused-smiley-013.gif

Awesome.

893applaud-thumb.gif I am sure this comes as no surprise to most of us and it is just

fantastic how you have kept a collection, which you paid a small fortune for

back then, intact for so many years!

Just for the record, I have always shared what little I own with everyone

else. I have posted scans of all my books and just sent my original art

collection half way around the world so other fans can enjoy it for 6 months.

I get nothing out of this except the joy of sharing my passion with anyone

interested. I am extremely indebted to sacentaur, jbcomicbox, rarehighgrade,

adamstrange, tth2, ciorac, scrooge, ... and many(!) others who so generously

have shared their treasures with the rest of us. With my previous post, I

merely wanted to point out some observations so you can make the decision

that is right for you.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I noticed that no one asked about Superman #1. Is he passé? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was going to ask about that and Batman #1 (especially considering the common theory of the later the books are, the better the condition). But I'll refrain from More Fun #52 - that's been done to death.

I'm kinda surprised no Timely guys are going nuts over a possible Marvel #1 or Cap #1.

"Jeez, Bangboom...You got half the boards or more scuttling around like crack whores looking for our next fix. Come on baby make us right, give us the good stuff, we need it paleeeease! Just a little taste of the early Tec's, maybe a Timely or two, I just need a little, I got ta get right man."

Timely Geek present and accounted for! I posted that two or three days ago!

BangZoom, just incredible books, I emplore you to keep sharing, I like pretty covers, and this it why I love these boards. Right now you are the "Michael Jordon" of these here boards. I say you have fun and share your awsome books, and I will have fun looking at them. And by the way,

Thank you!!!!!! hail.gifhail.giflaugh.gif

Are we reading the same thread? I haven't seen a single post asking him if they are for sale. screwy.gif Everyone here just seems happy that such a cool collection is being shared. confused-smiley-013.gif

Andy,

I don't think he is reading the same thread. I'm not sure where that post came from. crazy.gif

For me, I am just amazed to see books like these. It's kind of like when RareHighGrade posts his books -- just amazing stuff in superb shape that you don't see every day (or ever, in the case of the All-American #16 and Adventure #40).

To get this thread back on track, we are all clear that nothing is for sale (who cares? I can't afford to buy them anyway 27_laughing.gif ). I just want to see more of those amazing books! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Bangzoom, you are the early front runner for Forum Rookie of the Year for 2007! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Andy,

I don't think he is reading the same thread. I'm not sure where that post came from. crazy.gif

For me, I am just amazed to see books like these. It's kind of like when RareHighGrade posts his books -- just amazing stuff in superb shape that you don't see every day (or ever, in the case of the All-American #16 and Adventure #40).

To get this thread back on track, we are all clear that nothing is for sale (who cares? I can't afford to buy them anyway 27_laughing.gif ). I just want to see more of those amazing books! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Bangzoom, you are the early front runner for Forum Rookie of the Year for 2007! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I hope I get a decent gum card out of it.

Take my photo from the left side, please. insane.gif

So, are you going to post some more books, or what? All the other books you posted are so "five minutes ago." poke2.gif

I certainly hope to. This evening we discovered a squirrel has moved into our attic

so I will definitely be busy for part of the day dealing with that.

Where do I rent a decent (non lethal) trap on a Sunday? Christo_pull_hair.gif

So, are you going to post some more books, or what? All the other books you posted are so "five minutes ago." poke2.gif

I certainly hope to. This evening we discovered a squirrel has moved into our attic

I have read that rodents love to eat comics. (Just look at all of the great GA books with rodent chew defects.) I'll bet if you put your Superman #1 in the attic, you'll find the squirrel in no time. And then I won't have to be so envious of you any more. Two birds with one stone and all that. insane.gif

I have read that rodents love to eat comics. (Just look at all of the great GA books with rodent chew defects.) I'll bet if you put your Superman #1 in the attic, you'll find the squirrel in no time. And then I won't have to be so envious of you any more. Two birds with one stone and all that. insane.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I've been consistent right from the start about letting that fact be known.

Every Private Message, I've repeatedly said: "I am still enjoying them. They are not for sale."

I've never once hedged and said, "...well, if the price is right" or "Make me an offer."

So, to sum up... makepoint.gif

gossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gif

Good for you Bang!

I also post comics that are not for sale, as do most of us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your collection pics with us, as that's what makes the Boards exciting.....if all we did was talk about comics and never post images .... sleeping.gif

As for someones previous comment that posting your images devalues your collection.....that's a bunch of *spoon*! Using that logic, Steve Geppi's multi-million dollar collection is dropping in value right now, since his comics can be seen in the Geppi Museum screwy.gif

As a recent convert to full-time GA collecting, your books are an inspiration, and I salute you thumbsup2.gif

Steve

BZ, Thank you for sharing those incredible books!! 893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif Love the story behind this collection also. I don;t blame you for not wanting to sell such beautifil comics . I 'm not sure I would also , Well not yet anyway. Only when I felt that I was ready to & gave it alot of thought. What a Treasure to own . This is the dream of a collector to come across such a collection as this . Post more Centaurs , Please . Oh! and don't forget those Fox books also . grin.gif Do you by any chance have a Fantastic Comics #3 ?? My favorite cover of the Golden Age of comics. cloud9.gif