• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181...

272 posts in this topic

Congrats! Looks like a 9.2 easy, if not better.

So spill the info: price, grade, where/who from, did anything special to get this copy (please don't be TOO specific...I have a weak stomach)?

Rick

Just bought it at Heroes Con from Bretts Comic Pile booth. Im gonna scan it and let the board decide the grade. Id put it at a VF+ though. Im not good with the 1-10 pt scale. Id rather not say on the price but I will say i got an extremely good deal for how this book looks. I was figuring to pay between 600-800 easy but got it for less than that.

Congrats! Looks like a 9.2 easy, if not better.

So spill the info: price, grade, where/who from, did anything special to get this copy (please don't be TOO specific...I have a weak stomach)?

Rick

Just bought it at Heroes Con from Bretts Comic Pile booth. Im gonna scan it and let the board decide the grade. Id put it at a VF+ though. Im not good with the 1-10 pt scale. Id rather not say on the price but I will say i got an extremely good deal for how this book looks. I was figuring to pay between 600-800 easy but got it for less than that.

Nice book. Glad to see ya got back unscathed from Dena's dungeon. grin.gif

Nice books everyone. I just got mine back from CGC, and it is rather ugly looking in comparison. 27_laughing.gif It only cost me about $5 though, so I can't complain. To make a long story short, when I was in junior high I used to order all my books through the mail every month and a friend of mine (well I thought he was at the time, anyways) ended up stealing a couple of my books. I didn't let on as I was trying to figure out how to get back at him, so I traded a book he wanted (something like a Robotech #5 or something similar) for this and a Red Sonja #1. I think I got the better part of the deal.

incrediblehulk181fccgcrf2.jpg

5 of the first 6 people in line last weekend had a Hulk 181. Herb said he probably signed 50 on Saturday.

I've never gotten a book signed before, least of all my favorite one. I've never had anything graded before either...I'm obviously excited about it. I don't really care what the grade is since it won't be for sale any time soon thumbsup2.gif

I am a newbie with a question. I just bought a CGC 7.0 Hulk 181 in a little package deal on ebay and think I managed a fair price based on completed auctions past 30 days feature.

But can anyone of you comic ninja's tell me average prices going back a bit on a 7.0? By the way, my total was $511 including shipping and a few other comics, so if you were real curious you could find the auction on ebay based on total. Much thanks.

No, I'm not making fun. A lot of my big key books are low grades as well. I just picked up an ASM #4 in a 1.5 condition and I love it! Sometimes for me it's about just having the book and not whether or not it's a 4.5 or 8.0 or whatever.

Right now I can say the exact same thing a person with a high grade 181 can say. "I have a hulk 181". But I only paid $29 for my copy . laugh.gif

Yeah, you and I are coming from the same place. I grew up drooling over these books in the LCS, and now that I'm grown up, I still do. 27_laughing.gif But yeah, now I feel like I can have a little piece of comic history in my hands at a fraction of the cost.

And in my opinion, $29 is definitely a nice little deal for that copy too!

I kinda like some of mine as well:

hulk181f.jpg

134887001.jpg

27_laughing.gif I like how he says he "kinda likes" some of his then shows a couple of nm copies 27_laughing.gif

One of them is German edition. Not quite as valuable.