• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

I'm hovering right around 800 books. At one point, when I had my shop, I had about 8,000 - but after I sold everything and came back to collecting, I'm only shooting for keys now (and my Uncanny run). I'm hoping it never gets above 1000-1100 books.

I have been collecting comics for so long..Not quite old as dirt,but getting there.I still do have most of my original collection that I have been collecting since 1968.I currently own all but 12 issues of Amazing Spider-Man from AF#15 to current,only missing common/non key issues.I also collect key issues and have almost all keys from the Bronze age to current,only missing minor keys.I am currently working on major keys from 1956 to 1964,still need to get X-Men #1,F.F. #1,Showcase #4,TTA #27,Journey into Mystery#83,Daredevil #1 and Brave and Bold #28.I have roughly 10-12 thousand books in my collection.Not nearly as huge as most of you guys here,but like another poster said quality over quantity,right?

I always kinda wondered what your backstory was on your collecting. That's really cool you still have most of your original collection. I'd give quite a bit to find one book from my old collection - just to have it for sentimental purposes.

Nice goals on your grail books, too. That is probably one really well-rounded collection!

I have over 11,600 comics – and only three slabbed. My collection includes such delights as X-Men 1 – 10, X-Men 94, and GS 1, ASM 50, ASM 129, Hulk 181, Daredevil 1, Marvel Premier 15 and Iron Fist 14 to name a few keys.

There are 45 lithographs and posters, a highlight being a Battle of the Planets lithograph signed and remarked by Alex Ross – limited to 12 I have some OA, my favourite is an unused splash page of Wolverine by Darick Robertson.

I have about 25 statues and 50 busts (all boxed) mainly Bowen Designs that I am hoping to display - if my wife allows mer a bigger room. I would like to own all X-men related Bowen pieces (busts and statues).

My aim is to complete my X-Men / Wolverine run - only have about 50 UXM to find when funds (and the wife) allow. Once done, then I think it will be hunting SA Keys.

I have been collecting comics for so long..Not quite old as dirt,but getting there.I still do have most of my original collection that I have been collecting since 1968.I currently own all but 12 issues of Amazing Spider-Man from AF#15 to current,only missing common/non key issues.I also collect key issues and have almost all keys from the Bronze age to current,only missing minor keys.I am currently working on major keys from 1956 to 1964,still need to get X-Men #1,F.F. #1,Showcase #4,TTA #27,Journey into Mystery#83,Daredevil #1 and Brave and Bold #28.I have roughly 10-12 thousand books in my collection.Not nearly as huge as most of you guys here,but like another poster said quality over quantity,right?

I always kinda wondered what your backstory was on your collecting. That's really cool you still have most of your original collection. I'd give quite a bit to find one book from my old collection - just to have it for sentimental purposes.

Nice goals on your grail books, too. That is probably one really well-rounded collection!

I actually only have 70 graded books,majority are raw.I just can't seem to get up the nerve to put my raw grails like AF15 in the mail to get them graded.For fear that it could get lost in the mail. :eek:

I actually only have 70 graded books,majority are raw.I just can't seem to get up the nerve to put my raw grails like AF15 in the mail to get them graded.For fear that it could get lost in the mail. :eek:

I'll take them :shy:

I currently have 306 comics. I collect keys mostly a trend my father started for me. At one time I had Daredevil #1-100 complete but have reduced it to only the key issues within that range. Thanks to my father my collection holds all but two books I really need to have: As of now I have the following

Amazing Fantasy #15

Showcase #4/#22

DareDevil #1

Amazing-Spiderman #1

Hulk #1

FF #1

X-Men #1

Flash #105

All-Star Comics #3/#7/#8

Green Lantern (GA) #1

Flash Comics #1

Batman #1

Action Comics #7/#10/#13

All-American Comics #16

Captain America Comics #1

More Fun Comics #52

I will continue to collect/search for my copies of Action #1/Superman #1/Tec 27 - Most the Silver Age I've aquired myself. The golden age comics I was given after I graduated from West Point. When I do acquire those three I will complete the goal then try and get down only to the 146 keys I want (143 owned already)

I currently have 306 comics. I collect keys mostly a trend my father started for me. At one time I had Daredevil #1-100 complete but have reduced it to only the key issues within that range. Thanks to my father my collection holds all but two books I really need to have: As of now I have the following

Amazing Fantasy #15

Showcase #4/#22

DareDevil #1

Amazing-Spiderman #1

Hulk #1

FF #1

X-Men #1

Flash #105

All-Star Comics #3/#7/#8

Green Lantern (GA) #1

Flash Comics #1

Batman #1

Action Comics #7/#10/#13

All-American Comics #16

More Fun Comics #52

I will continue to collect/search for my copies of Action #1/Superman #1/Tec 27 - Most the Silver Age I've aquired myself. The golden age comics I was given after I graduated from West Point. When I do acquire those three I will complete the goal then try and get down only to the 146 keys I want (143 owned already)

Wow (worship)

What grades are they?

Amazing Fantasy #15

Showcase #4/#22

DareDevil #1

Amazing-Spiderman #1

Hulk #1

FF #1

X-Men #1

Flash #105

All-Star Comics #3/#7/#8

Green Lantern (GA) #1

Flash Comics #1

Batman #1

Action Comics #7/#10/#13

All-American Comics #16

More Fun Comics #52

Wow (worship)

What grades are they?

Unfortanetely most are in the 3.0 - 4.5 range. I recently picked up a beater AF #15 but I'm currently in negotations w/Metro to acquire a 5.0. Until I became caretaker/owner they were all raw copies. I've been in the process of having them graded. These comics will never be sold and will be inherited by family members for them to enjoy as I am now.

Amazing Fantasy #15

Showcase #4/#22

DareDevil #1

Amazing-Spiderman #1

Hulk #1

FF #1

X-Men #1

Flash #105

All-Star Comics #3/#7/#8

Green Lantern (GA) #1

Flash Comics #1

Batman #1

Action Comics #7/#10/#13

All-American Comics #16

More Fun Comics #52

Wow (worship)

What grades are they?

Unfortanetely most are in the 3.0 - 4.5 range. I recently picked up a beater AF #15 but I'm currently in negotations w/Metro to acquire a 5.0. Until I became caretaker/owner they were all raw copies. I've been in the process of having them graded. These comics will never be sold and will be inherited by family members for them to enjoy as I am now.

Even at 3.5 - 4.0 grade that is still an AWESOME collection - (thumbs u

Amazing Fantasy #15

Showcase #4/#22

DareDevil #1

Amazing-Spiderman #1

Hulk #1

FF #1

X-Men #1

Flash #105

All-Star Comics #3/#7/#8

Green Lantern (GA) #1

Flash Comics #1

Batman #1

Action Comics #7/#10/#13

All-American Comics #16

More Fun Comics #52

Wow (worship)

What grades are they?

Even at 3.5 - 4.0 grade that is still an AWESOME collection - (thumbs u

Thank you. My father told me when I was younger to give up collecting baseball cards and focus on comics. He said there was more money long term with comics - how very right he was. Of the 306, 180 are golden age keys, and 126 are silver and modern. It still amazes me to this day that I can open the Overstreet Guide up and know I own 86 of the top 100 golden age books all the modern and silver age.

I have been offer alot of money in the past couple of years for the collection. And everytime i say the same thing unless your my next of kin forget about it. My son who's six right now has no idea what his father and grandfather have for him.

:headbang: