• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New poster.....wanted to thank you all

78 posts in this topic

There are really only 2 shops here in Cincinnati. One is called Queen City Comic & Card, I go there to pick up supplies and new issues if I happen to feel like reading something. Unfortunately, I don't think they carry any GA. The other shop is downtown, i've only been there once so another trip is probably in the works to see if they've got anything.

Bookery Fantasy is more in the Dayton, OH area. Probably about 35-40 minutes from where i'm at. I've actually never been there but have known about it for years. Did they have any GA when you were there?

There are really only 2 shops here in Cincinnati. One is called Queen City Comic & Card, I go there to pick up supplies and new issues if I happen to feel like reading something. Unfortunately, I don't think they carry any GA.

I think I've been to Queen City. I asked about GA books and was maybe shown a non-full short box of low grade miscellaneous. Also, they had an Airboy on the wall for maybe $35 and since I didn't feel like offering more than $20 (generously) for it, I didn't bother with making the offer.

I'd say it looks as if we have another future Timely geek entering the mist! I really only have one small piece of advice....prepare for the severe addiction which will set in roughly...oooh...about the time you get your first one! From then on, you will be hooked, you said you have been lurking so I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about. The progression is easy to see, the future addicts lye in waiting relplying to posts in the Timely thread...nice book, look at the bright colors...then they post the first of their new Timely's and its over. Gator used to be a shoe salesman in Ohio 3 months ago, and then he bought a Timely...with in the short time he has completed minus about 16 issues a complete run of MMC's. 27_laughing.gif Ok, so I a kidding about the shoe salesman part but the rest is true.

Once again welcome! and good luck!

Paul

Now if I can just get my wife to stop buying shoes maybe I can snag myself a nice Cap.

chop her feet off.......problem solved grin.gif

Steve,

That is barbaric, just bind her feet so she can wear childrens shoes and spend less. 27_laughing.gif

Welcome to the boards. hi.gif

Lots of folks here are buying books that fall into the 100 bucks or less category and enjoying themselves in the process so I suspect you'll find a niche that fits. Just don't compete with me. stooges.gif

It can't be done. I tried it briefly, and now I am a bitter, bitter, broken man.

893censored-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

I think you're right about the Timely addiction. I don't even own one and I find myself pouring over the related threads and soaking up all those great books, especially love the Caps. It isn't a real "problem" yet but I am starting to find that its interfering with everyday activities such as...oh, say eating and sleeping. But other than the malnutrition and sleep deprivation i'd say i'm not quite addicted yet and am in pretty good shape.

Welcome to the boards! I, myself, am a Silver collector that's just starting to move into the Golden Age. I've gotten a great deal of advice on these boards. (I've also purchased a number of books on these very boards.)

Hope you have good luck feeding your newfound habit.

Bookery Fantasy is more in the Dayton, OH area. Probably about 35-40 minutes from where i'm at. I've actually never been there but have known about it for years. Did they have any GA when you were there?

Yes, they have gold. I remember lots of Centaurs. It's worth the drive. It took me a while to find it... since I back-tracked from Cinci. Too bad there aren't some better shops in your neighborhood.

893applaud-thumb.gif Welcome to the boards Mike and sorry I can't give you any advice on GA books with my first one on it's way after a few or several time payments.

You came to the right place for any GA information with many experts to learn from and you just might have a laugh or a thousand along the way. thumbsup2.gif

Good luck!!

fay

I think you're right about the Timely addiction. I don't even own one and I find myself pouring over the related threads and soaking up all those great books, especially love the Caps. It isn't a real "problem" yet but I am starting to find that its interfering with everyday activities such as...oh, say eating and sleeping. But other than the malnutrition and sleep deprivation i'd say i'm not quite addicted yet and am in pretty good shape.

Welcome to the addiction! You couldn't have picked a more ambitious group of books to start collectiong. Awesome books!

gossip.gifBe careful, though, or you're likely to fall in with such notorious Timely Geeks as MrBedrock and Billy Parker (to name only two). If that happens, your life will never be the same ...

Lots of folks here are buying books that fall into the 100 bucks or less category and enjoying themselves in the process so I suspect you'll find a niche that fits. Just don't compete with me. stooges.gif

It can't be done. I tried it briefly, and now I am a bitter, bitter, broken man.

893censored-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

LIAR!!

I've always found you to be a happy, wealthy guy! wink.gif

There are really only 2 shops here in Cincinnati. One is called Queen City Comic & Card, I go there to pick up supplies and new issues if I happen to feel like reading something. Unfortunately, I don't think they carry any GA. The other shop is downtown, i've only been there once so another trip is probably in the works to see if they've got anything.

You will never see nice goldenage at Queen City for 2 reasons.

1) The owner has an established goldenage customer base. Any goldenage of interest is scooped up right away by them. The books are sold in a phone call after they arrive. Of course this is all rumor but I heard this from several other locals and I tend to believe it.

2) The stuff that isn't bought is slabbed and put on ebay.

He does get nice stuff in every once in awhile but it goes right out the door.

All the other shops in Cincinnati have nothing really. However, CBW in Florence, KY is decent. They just have nothing that I would want and the few I do want are overpriced.

893censored-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

angel.gif

Welcome to the addiction! You couldn't have picked a more ambitious group of books to start collectiong. Awesome books!

gossip.gifBe careful, though, or you're likely to fall in with such notorious Timely Geeks as MrBedrock and Billy Parker (to name only two). If that happens, your life will never be the same ...

Hey what about me! Schommy!

Hey what about me! Schommy!

Your sweet and lovable...not notorious.

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif I wanna be notorious!

No, someone has to be Ringo, or Davey, or Gary Coleman!