• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Supa posted it in General a few days ago... it wasn't all that big a deal really... but thanks.

Where in Jersey are you located? I might be getting together with another forumite that lives close by...shiverbones. If you're not too far from South Jersey maybe you can join us for wings and beer when we get around to it?

Latest kudos (back in the permanent thread thumbsup2.gif )

DiscountComics - Peter bought a Batman Hush set from me and was very patient while I ironed out some supply problems. I look forward to buying from you in the future as well!

ElBrujo - bought my aSM 300 CGC 9.8 white pages for a song... 27_laughing.gif j/k guys... Batman 619 - all covers set; Ken's all class always...

Speedjunkies - came through on his end for the Slabbed MTU 61 variant Scottish pedigree and got a free MTU 30 center as well thumbsup2.gif

Smokinghawk - pleasant deal all around for two ASM 50's - even took the one with tape on front! I will be selling more ASM's your way if none of these guys beat me to it. Great repeat buyer who is easy to deal with and know what to look for before paying good prices. You have to let me know if those USM 1's you got from me ever get CGC slabbed, now that we know what CGG thinks of them thumbsup2.gif

Spider9698 - who says the good Harvard Doctor only collects HG Spideys? Bought a Batman Hush set from me...reading copies 608 - 619...thanks for the surprising PM and non ASM pickup

Ubiquiti - a set of Alpha Flight 1-10 and about 7 other Alpha Flights and the piece de resistance - my wife's Ladies Home Journal from last month with the cover of Todd's favorite people, George and Laura Bush in a nice domestic setting smile.gif I hope you frame that cover and place it above your bed on the ceiling so it's the first thing you wake up to every morning. Todd has bought a few other comics from me in the past and is always patient as well. I count him among my great repeat buyers.

Drbanner - Hulk 202 30 cent variant - utmost patience as a buyer as this took me a bit to get out to him...thanks again doc! Mike's last purchase from me was an ungraded Smurfs 1-3 set (for his daughter or so he said?), which he was very pleased with. Great guy and my pleasure to deal with.

fortysevenUK - It finally happened. I was trying to hook Angelo up with some BOTP comics and I was always a day late it seemed...He had sources that coudl take care of him better. Finally hooked him up with LOEG vol 2 1- 6 and Fables 1-17? and missing issue 15...or something like that...problems with a package too heavy for Global priority - finally had to split it up into two $9 Global Prrioity flat rate envelopes and Angelo was very patient and understanding. Thank you for adding to my great deals overseas in the UK. I look forward to doing more business but I understand the cost of shipping is prohibitive so we'll wait on another big score if need be smile.gif

Realitytrip - Keith has been on fire with the Marvel price variants on and off ebay. I've grown to trust Keith in that I have shipped books to him before his payment arrived via personal check. The man's word is good. I've set aside "pending" deals for him and communication thru PMs and emails, there is never any doubt as to whether he will come through or not. Thanks for all the support and repeat business.

Buena_vista - another Marvel Price variant buddy! I'll be shipping your TOD as soon as it arrives frown.gif I haven't received it yet from Texas...but you know you'll get it. I received your payment yesterday. Here's to helping Jeremy complete his variant set as well! We have been openly working on deals and complex trades with our combined networks..it's gotten outta hand 27_laughing.gif but in the end, Jeremy is an honest person to deal with. His word is bond. Thanks again for the latest in many of variant escapades...I know there'll be more down the road.

brian1227 - came thru on a USM 1/2 and 10 pick up from me! Fellow New Yorker and great communications. I look forward to more deals down the road

ninanina - finally completed our Hulk transaction! Tho I had sent him an inferior quality Hulk 33 vol2, (100 page monster) - he was very understanding and kept the book anyway, glad to have a copy in his collection. Very patient and fair, I appreciate Herb letting that Hulk 33 slide...I owe you one, buddy! Thanks again! Great Canadian buyer!

bronty - another Canuckian with class. Dan picked up my FF 1 GRR CGC 9.2 and the case even had a crack in it! Unfortunately, he didn't get Stan the Man's sig on it as planned, but our transaction went along real smooth and he was very understanding about the trials of shipping from the US to Canada. Thanks again Dan and glad to finally deal with you.

mitol - more Canadians - what did you expect on this board? 27_laughing.gif - always great to deal with, on or off ebay...bought a Street Fighter # 0 set (DF and San Diego Con) from me - fast transaction - very easy...this series is pretty good so far...it's up to # 2 and if you are into neat variant covers, this series has plenty...I think I like this best out of the new video game comics genre that has recently come out...DragonSlayer has been bleh...but what do you expect from Crossgen...never in to Megaman anyway...Street Fighter just plain Rocks!

retro_slippy - UK buyer of BOTP - I thought he was an Angelo shill but this guy is for real thumbsup2.gif he even sent $10 extra, which I retruned of course wink.gif Thanks for your patience and understanding in payment of paypal.

jagull - picked up some Ultimate books from me - very fast deal and is more than welcome deal with me anytime!

jordanabigail - a popular seller who grade consistently, I was just glad I could sell him some reading material, very patient and prompt payer...I look forward to our next deal together, whether buying or selling

stynxno - picked up some Ultimate books from me as well - from Upstate New York close to where I went to school...good guy, glad to have dealt with you...

lantern and hobbes - never knew we had brothers (fraternal, not racial tongue.gif )on this forum other than the Shuleys - Ultimate books - a whole slew of them! Both great guys and excellent for any seller here to work with. I see Brian with Chrisco every Tysons Show...where's yertle Lately...make sure you drag Sam to the next Tysons show 12/7 ...rumors of a FlyingDiesel - DarthDonut table in the works?

shiverbones - bought Ultimate books as well. Thanks Matthew - great buyer as well as fun poster on here...

primecollections - you guys are like "who?" yup - he is a forumite...sold him my transformers armada 1 and 2 CGC 9.8 - great buyer and he is for real...anyone with high grade CGC transformers for sale may want to contact Justin smile.gif

This wraps up the selling end and this was just all last week tongue.gif boy am I tired! 27_laughing.gif

Buying end:

Blazingbob - for all those high grade 30 centers and his excellent packing/ prompt shipping and fair side deals - one great dealer who I would never hesitate to deal with and trust with my financial info...no wonder a guy like this is at the top of this business. Glad to have dealt with you and I'm positive we'll do business time and again.

eric123 - everyone's favorite Spiderman buff- helped me get to the 7 variants needed with his MTU 44 30 center deal...very fair and accurate in his grading - wonderful transaction! Thanks again...are you still ramrod221 on ebay tongue.gif

aces - I won his Tales to Astonish 3 issue set, without which I would never have learned the fine art of Yubiwaza. Chris is a fine poster and great seller to deal with. Accurate grading on those babies thumbsup2.gif

Pending deals:

Kermit for his ultimate patience...

Smokinghawk...more ASM offers on the way

Just kudos to the Bad Boy of Belgian Bondage, Chromium and the GASFACE to my short-shorted, production crease promoting, ambiguously effeminate Canuckian greggy acclaim.gif

aces - I won his Tales to Astonish 3 issue set, without which I would never have learned the fine art of Yubiwaza. Chris is a fine poster and great seller to deal with. Accurate grading on those babies thumbsup2.gif

Yubiwaza!?

Now my secret is out... shocked.gif

You are a great eBayer Darth!

Kudos back to you! thumbsup2.gif

Latest Kudos goes to speedjunkies for alerting me to the fact that I haven't cashed his check yet for a comic he bought from me several weeks ago. Stupid me. boo.gif

Thanks for letting me know Ricky. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Live in a little town called Barnegat, I am probably an hour fifteen minutes from where you live, but I am out that way occassionally. That could be fun and maybe meet somewhere around Medford or Mt Holly.

Steve

Barnegat?? Damn, you just brought back some memories. I used to spend a chunk of each summer on Long Beach Island (isn't that where Barnegat is?) back when it wasn't completely overdeveloped in the early and mid-70's. In fact, I bought my first 30 cent variants off the newstand at the Mar-vell (no, I'm not making it up--I may have the spelling wrong, though) Market.

Actually that is Barnegat Light your talking about by the lighthouse, I live in the town of Barnegat inland exit 67 off the parkway. Your right though in the 70's there was nothing around here. It has become unbelievably developed in the last 10 years, everyone from north jersey and NY has migrated this way because of the undervalued homes. Of course they aren't undervalued anymore. smile.gif. The police department use to be 2 people it was fun back then.

ULTRA KUDOS! goes out to bronzebruce once again! thumbsup2.gif There are many great buyers/sellers out there but there are only a handful that seem to stand out above the rest.....here's one of them that really stands out. I have exchanged many emails and phone conversations with bruce and its always been a pleasure. 893applaud-thumb.gif Here's one forumite that I recommend trading/selling/buying with as your transaction will go as smooth as silk 100%.

Lets deal again sometime! hi.gif

Kudos to Darth for once again being a first-rate ebayer! Your LL is on the way due to the lightning speed at which you paid.

He bought an issue that I used to have as a kid (thanfully, he got a different copy than my childhood version, or else Superman would probably have had a drawn-on mustache throughout the book). There's nothing like reading those issues again, because you can see it from two perspectives. Your memories read it with the mind of the child you were, and your adult mind can see the things you missed. My suggestion to Darth: make sure you put a sheet over your head and use a flashlight the first time through.

-- Joanna