• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Belated kudos to POV for sending me some sweet freebies.

Oh yeah...kudos for Bonds25 for bidding on some books on my behalf on some US only auctions. 893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif I've had the pleasure of working with these fine forumites recently...

Mike Periera (nextlevelmp) ** Mike is a guy with serious collector's sensitivity! True to his word, he offered me a couple of sweet books as promised if he was ever to sell. He did so, even though on one of them it would have been much easier to sell it straight to a dealer that was willing to accept it in a "cash & trade" he and Mike worked out. BUT Mike knew I wanted the book and put in the extra time and inconvenience to help put it in my collection. Mike is one of the quiet mega-collectors out there and a class act. I can't say enough about how easy and pleasant working with him is... Thanks Mike!

Jim McCallum (cgcworld) ** A new forumite that has been extremely easy to work with. Jim keeps tight communication and follows through reliably. I look forward to more "comic conversations" and doing more business with him. Forumites should not hesitate to deal with him.

Brian Hampel (bhampel) ** ...another new forumite who is a "no-nonsense deal-maker". Brian is a very pleasant and professional to work with. Very quick and smooth deal with more in the works.

Brian (doc)** We just completed a multi-CGC book trade. The "Doc" is a passionate collector that was genuinely excited to get the books he wanted. He was also very fair with establishing the value of the traded items, which is usually not an easy task. I look forward to future deals.

Adam Charlambidis (jonah_hex)** Adam is not a very active forumite, but one I've worked with many times for close to 2 years now. Always easy to work with and extremely fair. I highly recommend bringing him your HG Jonah Hex books.

(lighthouse)** Always a great experience. 'House was very appreciative to get a desired keeper and hooked me up on raw books very generously.

893applaud-thumb.gifComplete "Positive Transactions" with Forum Members List

( "New Deals With" in Green ) ( "Overlooked Initially... but Remembered" in Blue )

Miles Broughton (all4comics)** (3 way deal)

Richard Hunt (ariach)

Jim Wilkerson (awe4one)

Brian Hampel (bhampel)**

Matt Gilsdorf (bonds25)

Andrew Knight (captains_of_Industry)

Allan Foreigner (chromium)

Chris Icamen (cicamen)

Mike Shuley (cgcfan)

Jim McCallum (cgcworld)**

Rob Zipperer (clobberintime)

Tomis Erb (comicbookscout/zen)

Carl De la Cruz (darthdeisel)

David King (davidking623)

Dave Matteini (dam60)

Gene Park (delekkerste).

Steve Ricketts (dicex)

Brian ? (doc)**

Mike Pring (drbanner)

Ben Teoh (drdonaldblake)

Charles Lee (drpainfree)**

Dan Drummond (drummy)

Frank Bartosic (hitman)

Raphael Chang (hogations)

Alan Linn (gannes)**

Greg Loey (greggy)

John Borba (joecgcmaniac)

Jeff Resnick (jordanabigail)

Clint Badberg (julianxj)

Adam Charlambidis (jonah_hex)**

Conrad Wohrle (king_comics)

Brian Pegram (lantern)

Mike Lovest (mlovest)

John Billington (mushroom)

Michael Gray (musicmeta)

Mike Periera (nextlevelmp)

Allan Chao (odin88)

Rob Larsen (rob_react )

Court Eilertson (reliant-5)

David Haig (scottish)

Ricky Nguyen (speedjunkies)

Stephen Ferzoco (spider9698)

Steve Sullivan (sullypython)

Vincent Wong (tkg2627)

Sam Grimes (yertle)

Paul Ferrence (wolvergeek)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Drew Folie (forgot forum name?)

Harry Miller (forgot forum name?)

Collector78 (forgot real name?)

and these forum dealers...

Blazingbob

Comgeek

Discountcomics

Flying Donut

GPAnalysis

Heritage

ideal808

Lighthouse

MonumentalCollectibles

Paradise Comics

SuperDuperComics

theComicSheet

Honrable mention... (were very helpful trying to find books for me or with a lead)

SBurnz • Blowout • Murph0... thumbsup2.gif

Still trying...

Gman • tod09... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Kudos to Rube11 (Steve). Fast payment via Paypal for the three Conans..(Despite the fees, I luv Paypal for paying and buying!) thumbsup2.gif

Also Kudos to Rob React for his fast payment for the Authority TPB I sold him...Plus, gracious guy that he is, he turned down my offer of free shipping! thumbsup2.gif

Edited by minutekev@50

Latest round of kudos...

Ubiquiti - who can't get enough of my wife's Better Homes and Gardens issue with the Bushs (G.W. and Laura) on the cover... excellent buyer and easy to work with on deals for books; I trust him with my books even before he pays

shiverbones - sent me a SWEET 30 cent Champions 6 variant; I've experienced deals from both sides of the table and am very happy with this forumite cloud9.gif

deathlok - thanks again for another wonderful deal and best of luck in your Top Census quest for Giant Size MArvel Bronze age issues...

Two heavyweights that I never get to deal with:

clobberintime - actually helped him finish(?) his high grade slabbed early Defenders run - even added on to his deal with more from the Marketplace threads; looking to help him branch out into Modern (off the shelf comics). Rob, once you get hooked, there is no rehab...

and the business savvy forum favorite - the

g-man

- George is always prompt and expressive in comms about what he is looking for. A true professional...now I'm just wondering if I sold this to you too low 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Kudos to:

DarthDiesel: Thank you for making my list shorter. Look forward to getting the book. A+

Ancientspawn: Quick payment. I am gonna miss that book, I can remember the day I bought when I was a kid. A+

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Edited by deathlok

Kudos to Lighthouse who not only have me a 30% discount on my recent batch of TPBs and hardcovers, included some freebies, but also went out of his way to make sure I got the best shipping deal and even paid for part of that !

Last of the packages arrived today....

Kudos to our beloved jonnydouble for a wonderful transaction. I purchased 3 TPB's from him and instead received 4 extra TPB's along with an upgrade from media mail to Priority. Talk about service flowerred.gif

Kudos to our beloved jonnydouble for a wonderful transaction. I purchased 3 TPB's from him and instead received 4 extra TPB's along with an upgrade from media mail to Priority. Talk about service flowerred.gif

I will second this...I bought two TPB's from JD and ended up with four and a bump to Priority as well.

Thanks for the sweet sweet deal JD... where ever you are.....thumbsup2.gif

I will second this...I bought two TPB's from JD and ended up with four and a bump to Priority as well.

Thanks for the sweet sweet deal JD... where ever you are.....thumbsup2.gif

They were all DC's. I think he is trying to convert a Marvel zombie crazy.giftongue.gif

Tod (Tod09) ** Just wanted everyone to know that Tod09 and I completed a deal recently in person (we both drove an hour on the NJ Turnpike and met at an Exit). It was a pleasure meeting him and talking comics at Starbucks before we completed the transaction. A great experience indeed working with 'Eagle-Eye Tod". Greggy is not the only sharp-eyed forum gem-hunter... Tod also has some very sharp raw books and is VERY tight grader. He received a predicted high grade back from CGC on a bronze key I encouraged him to submit... and bought. Even though another of the same book ended up selling higher in the interim on Ebay, Tod to his credit, did not try and renegotiate the pre-determined, agreed upon price like some would consider doing. I respect that... and we both walked away very happy. Tod is a man of his word, his grading should be taken seriously and I fully recommend working with him.

Thanks Tod for my keepers! thumbsup2.gif