• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hmm an awkward dilemma

63 posts in this topic

So me and my girl split up recently... how does one go about asking for his comic books back after this? 27_laughing.gif and... it was not a nice easy break up, lots of kicking and screaming.

popcorn.gif

So me and my girl split up recently... how does one go about asking for his comic books back after this? 27_laughing.gif and... it was not a nice easy break up, lots of kicking and screaming.

popcorn.gif

what is she doing with your comics anyway? Did she actually read them?

After things cool off a little, call her and tell her you want your stuff back.

Give her her craap back as well and leave it at that. confused-smiley-013.gif

popcorn.gif

I did that once...my comics are still in her parents storage facility and it's been 10 years. However, I'm a wuss so... confused-smiley-013.gif...oh and they were just a bunch of crappy X-men and Spidey's from the 80's anyway.

If there was alot of kicking and screaming involved, dont bother, just walk away and forget about it.

words to live by... 893applaud-thumb.gif

But....if you have stuff of hers with you (clothes, music etc). I would call in about a week and ask how she is blah blah blah, then tell here you have some of her stuff over here that you would like to return. She will in turn ask what it is, you tell her and then ask if she can gather up your things like clothes, comics etc.

again, all based on if she is psycho or not 893whatthe.gif

popcorn.gif

It depends on who did the kicking and screaming.

popcorn.gif

It depends on who did the kicking and screaming.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If there was alot of kicking and screaming involved, dont bother, just walk away and forget about it.

please listen to the above voice of experience. unless these are dramatically important and nostalgic items, it just will not be worth it. even if they are, it still might not be worth it.

chalk it up to a learning experience and move the 893censored-thumb.gif on, while you still have your sanity

popcorn.gif

Just hook back up with her long enough to get you books back then after you got your books all squared away tell her.

"It's back to dumpsville population you"

thumbsup2.gif

A question you should probably be asking is "Is she mad enough to damage my comics?"

If so, you might want to wait a bit until things simmer down. confused-smiley-013.gif

Don't listen to those telling you to forget about you stuff. Give it a couple of weeks to cool down and then call or visit in person (you aren't under any restraining orders I hope) and politely but firmly tell her that you want your belongings back.

I can't believe the numbers of "men" these days who won't do the least bit to assert themselves when it's clear that they have a right to do so.

It's clear that you have a right to your belongings, so don't be afraid or intimidated. It's your stuff, go get it. Remember, polite but firm. Don't be afraid to be a man and demand your property. Good luck. headbang.gif

Don't listen to those telling you to forget about you stuff. Give it a couple of weeks to cool down and then call or visit in person (you aren't under any restraining orders I hope) and politely but firmly tell her that you want your belongings back.

I can't believe the numbers of "men" these days who won't do the least bit to assert themselves when it's clear that they have a right to do so.

It's clear that you have a right to your belongings, so don't be afraid or intimidated. It's your stuff, go get it. Remember, polite but firm. Don't be afraid to be a man and demand your property. Good luck. headbang.gif

oh no, now my manhood has been insulted. i would respond, but fear of further character assassination prevents me from doing the manly thing and telling you to FOAD.

i guarantee you that neither Nik nor I are "intimidated" by the process of getting stuff back. we just both realise that the headaches might not be worth it. but thanks for the insinuations, they were worth a chuckle

popcorn.gif

I've been in the exact same situation, but decided not to bother with it.... I still regret not going back to get my comics and artwork.... unless she's a psycho, i would wait a few weeks then call and nicely ask for my stuff back confused-smiley-013.gif

oh no, now my manhood has been insulted. i would respond, but fear of further character assassination prevents me from doing the manly thing and telling you to FOAD.

i guarantee you that neither Nik nor I are "intimidated" by the process of getting stuff back. we just both realise that the headaches might not be worth it. but thanks for the insinuations, they were worth a chuckle

Hey if you're offended it's because you feel there's some relevance to my post. I didn't single out anyone in particular. If you subscribe to the idea that it's not "worth it" to make an effort to get what's rightfully yours, then I do question your definition of what a man is. The same applies for a woman, too. Everyone has the right to stick up for themselves - if one chooses not to, then that's a form of weakness. Rationalize it any way you wish.