• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

My collecting habits have not changed. It seems though that those of most other collectors have in this age of restore, slab and flip. As a result, it's even harder for me to add titles such as Silver Age JLAs to my collection.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

Why only a 9.0, the scans show no defects

Three things:

1. The miswrap with the crooked white stripe showing on the upper left.

2. The white stripe isn't as bright a white as I like for my comics, meaning the comic isn't as white and bright as I would want overall.

3. There seems to be a touch of wear around the upper staple.

Although once again my #10 looks better in hand than does the scan which exaggerates its weaknesses. All my comics have good eye appeal. But I also know the fellows at CGC care not at all for eye appeal preferring instead to squint to find minor defects.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

Tim,

I was just waiting for you to say that. :grin:

Still, despite that - it looks good.

I am utterly predictable in my OCD-ness. I never cared that much about miswraps and QP until I joined these boards.

Tim,

I am utterly predictable in my OCD-ness. I never cared that much about miswraps and QP until I joined these boards.

and no one else did either until you started spreading the madness

Tim,

and no one else did either until you started spreading the madness

Don`t blame me, it was Beyonder`s fault.

The problem with having extremely high standards like that is that you could wait forever for a comic that could very well not even exist. :o

That 9.6 has what I would call a very slight miswrap. It isn't crooked from what I can see, so the cover does present quite well. Is there another 9.6 somewhere out there perfectly wrapped? Who knows? I probably wouldn't let it deter me if I wanted to try and win the auction.

A better wrapped 9.4 or that particular 9.6 - its all up to individual taste I suppose.

No, I wouldn't, but that's me. As you say, at least the miswrap in the #25 is fairly narrow and straight. The #33 is crooked, which is the most grating kind of miswrap of all.

But everyone should follow their own tastes--there are plenty of ultra-HG collectors out there who don't care about miswraps (as evidenced by many of the 9.8 and 9.6 monstrosities proudly displayed by their owners on these boards).